Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new to this hackintosh thing, I tried to do it back when 10.8.2 was out, it didn't work because I have a sapphire HD 7750 GPU and I'm wondering before I spend $20 on this if it's going to work or not, made that mistake last time just trying to prevent it this time, also my computer is just a stock inspiron 620S (S is for slim obviously) here is a link to all of the specs:http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/del...-35002503.html
everything is there besides the GPU which was a HD 6450 but I replaced with my current 7750. Hope one of you guys can help me out with this!

Hi,

It's going to sound like a daft question but, I'm currently running an GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 in 10.8.3 with a GT240 & MB 5.2.1 and I'm looking at replacing the GPU with this Sapphire 7770: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009YTT5RW/?tag=tonymacx86-21

There's a lot of discussion about running with the HD3000 / HD4000 iGPU's but would it be possible to run a 7xxx if you don't have a iGPU ?

I'm having problems too :(

My board is a Gigabyte Z77-UP5 TH. Here are the steps I followed:

1) Clean install of 10.8.3 (using Unibeast USB stick), and using the integrated graphics for video.
2) Use Multibeast, and get a working system.
3) Install the Clover bootloader.
4) Shut down.
5) Insert my MSI R7970, and connect my display to it via HDMI port.
6) Power-up.

OSX clearly boot up, as I can hear the 7970 fan get whisper quiet (as when drivers load), but all I get is a black screen with the "No Signal" message on it.

So, I reset the system, but this time boot while connected to my integrated graphics. Now everything seems fine. If I look in "System Profiler", my AMD card shows up as it should: "AMD Radeon 7970-X". However, if I connect my display to the card, I once again get a black screen with the "No Signal" message displayed.

Anyone have any ideas of what the problem might be? What can I try to get this working?

Hey will the i3-3220 and the Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 Ghz edition work? I know you said the 7770 will work but what about the i3-3220 and i dont care about QE/CI

I've tried all previous suggestions and still no luck. I've tried what I believe to be every combination in the BIOS and what not. I've updated the BIOS and it still reverts. I'm using Z77-DS3H 1.1 F10F BIOS Version. Still no luck, is there something I'm not doing right? Maybe I'm not saving a setting correctly in the BIOS or missing a KEXT that I don't know about. I've went through the forums multiple times and have yet to find a truly similar situation. It's possible that I missed it, if anyone has found it would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction. Thank you very much

I got the z77x ud4h and have the same problem if you press f1 and go into the advanced settings use your mouse and click on the pci section you can change the init display first to igfx and the setting will stay but I still cant get it to work.. the closest I came with my 7970 was leaving the hdmi cord hooked up to the hd 4000 and -v when I boot it says something about the 7970 drivers and then goes to a white screen with graphic tears on it.. I hit the power button and the system shuts off instantly so im probably just going to wait till a better solution is out

Since I built in the 7950 next to the 6850 (GE=No), the system works, Photoshop CS6, After Effects CS6, Final Cut Pro X work well, but the Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 crashes as soon as I touch anything on the timeline. Console says:

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[121]: ([0x0-0x1e91e9].com.adobe.AdobePremierePro[1829]) Job appears to have crashed: Segmentation fault: 11

or:

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6[1871]: NSAlert is being used from a background thread, which is not safe. This is probably going to crash sometimes. Break on void _NSAlertWarnUnsafeBackgroundThreadUsage() to debug. This will be logged only once. This may break in the future.

or both.

Without the Mercury Engine (OpenCL) everything works fine.

Is there anybody with same issues or ideas how to fix it?

GPUSniffer says:

--- OpenGL Info ---
2013-03-22 00:13:20.086 GPUSniffer[3904:707] invalid drawable
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 7950 OpenGL Engine
OpenGL Version: 2.1 ATI-1.6.37
GLSL Version: 1.20
Monitors: 3
Monitor 0 properties -
Size: (0, 0, 1920, 1200)
Max texture size: 16384
Supports non-power of two: 1
Shaders 444: 1
Shaders 422: 1
Shaders 420: 1
2013-03-22 00:13:20.095 GPUSniffer[3904:707] invalid drawable
Monitor 1 properties -
Size: (1920, 0, 1280, 1024)
2013-03-22 00:13:20.100 GPUSniffer[3904:707] invalid drawable
Monitor 2 properties -
Size: (-1680, 0, 1680, 1050)

--- GPU Computation Info ---
Found 2 devices supporting GPU computation.
OpenCL Device 0 -
Name: ATI Radeon Barts PRO Prototype
Capability: 1.2
Driver: 1.1
Total Video Memory: 1024MB
OpenCL Device 1 -
Name: ATI Radeon HD 7950 Compute Engine
Capability: 1.2
Driver: 1.1
Total Video Memory: 1536MB

Strange that it see only the half of the memory of 7950.

I got the z77x ud4h and have the same problem if you press f1 and go into the advanced settings use your mouse and click on the pci section you can change the init display first to igfx and the setting will stay but I still cant get it to work.. the closest I came with my 7970 was leaving the hdmi cord hooked up to the hd 4000 and -v when I boot it says something about the 7970 drivers and then goes to a white screen with graphic tears on it.. I hit the power button and the system shuts off instantly so im probably just going to wait till a better solution is out

I've attempted that and still no luck. I may go down to a lower BIOS version. I've read about some people having luck with that.

Does anyone have GPU temp working?

Is GPU sensor support something that must be added to fakesmc or is anyone able to access that already?

I was trying to do Unigine benchmarks but noticed fans were not ramping up and the card was getting hot. Stopped benchmarking because I didn't want to fry anything but was getting good fps in the 50-60 range.

anyone have fan control working?
EDIT: my fault, fans DO ramp up! they were just so quiet! not used to that in a fast card :)

Sapphire 7950 OC

Does anyone have GPU temp or fan control working?

Is GPU sensor support something that must be added to fakesmc or is anyone able to access that already?

I was trying to do Unigine benchmarks but noticed fans were not ramping up and the card was getting hot. Stopped benchmarking because I didn't want to fry anything but was getting good fps in the 50-60 range.

anyone have fan control working?

Sapphire 7950 OC

My Gigabyte HD 7950 controls the fan without any problem. It keeps the temp of the GPU between 59-68c and it tries to be as silent as possible.

The following plugins are installed:

/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/MotherboardSensors.kext/
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/GPUSensors.kext/
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ACPISensors.kext/
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/CPUSensors.kext/

Unigine worked well as well. The temp was around 65-68c.

Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 22.52.23.png

Got my Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 OC - 1GB running fine.

Right now the system is:

MSI Z77A-G43
i5 2500k
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 OC - 1GB
Crucial M4 + 1Tb WD

Frist I did a fresh install, with a VGA monitor and a DVI one plugged on the motherboard ports (HD3000), of ML 10.8.0, then right away updated with the combo update to 10.8.3. After that I ran multibeast, installing the usual except for the graphics patch of mixed configuration and I had to update to Chamelon r2189 via Chamelon Wizard in order to be able to boot successfully once the graphics card is plugged in. Did a couple of restarts to check if the system was booting without issues. Then I installed the 7750 on the pci port, and connected my main monitor to the card with both DVI and HDMI cables. When booting, the HD3000 with the VGA monitor will take care of the process, and when reaching the desktop the card would kick in.

For some reason, and from the little testing I've done, my 7750 will only work if I connect my monitor with the DVI and HDMI cables at the same time. But I only get image from the DVI one. If I unplug either cable, the card will not kick in on boot. Also, the VGA port on the card is not working for me, but the VGA port from the motherboard (hd3000) is working, but I'm not getting full resolution.

J5BXRIT.png

zGD6Mbc.png

So my 7750 is running really well at 1080p, and I've got an extra monitor via VGA running at 1024x768.

Do you remember your multibeast settings? The only thing different really is I had a whole install of .8.3 and I have the intel HD4000 graphics. I'm really stumped and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back