Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all i've made a big typo... its a 550ti not 560..... and i also have a 450 and in mountain lion, even in 10.8.3 that was supposed to fix it, i have big issues like freezing, artifacts and a lot of other crap.

But if i got it right you dont have any of these issues with the 7970? What i mean with 100% is that it ll work without opengl issues and so on and without freezes.
Some of you have replied that it doesnt work with finalcut, and that for instance is a big problem. So if thats the case maybe it better for me to get the 680.
I dont want to experience those issues for the 3rd time if you get me.

Thanks for your reply btw and sorry for the typo....

First of all i've made a big typo... its a 550ti not 560..... and i also have a 450 and in mountain lion, even in 10.8.3 that was supposed to fix it, i have big issues like freezing, artifacts and a lot of other crap.

But if i got it right you dont have any of these issues with the 7970? What i mean with 100% is that it ll work without opengl issues and so on and without freezes.
Some of you have replied that it doesnt work with finalcut, and that for instance is a big problem. So if thats the case maybe it better for me to get the 680.
I dont want to experience those issues for the 3rd time if you get me.

Thanks for your reply btw and sorry for the typo....

have you seen the 7950 sapphire MAC edition ?

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/15290/

in europe it´s 450 euro.....50 euro more than a 7970 vapor x......

I need the 7970 though, the 7950 is not fast enough, or do you mean that the driver will work just as foo with the 9070 too?

But does everything besides finalcut/antialiasing work for you? Or is there anything else not working?

Ok so i got my Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3 working, triple monitor setup using DVI/HDMI/MiniDP

I disabled Igfx altogether, set primary display to PEG.

Made a unibeast installer on a usb stick.

Boot from usb stick, select OSX and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No.
White screen appears, make the machine go to sleep, wake it up.. voila. Fully working OSX on triple screens.

The only thing that concerns me is audio hiccups. And i feel like it's an overall hiccup, like the system freezes/lags just for a tenth of a second. Have that about every 10 and my console says this a lot: IOHIDSystem cursor update overdue. Resending.

Also my card gets recognized as : AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB

Okay I resolved mine worked but I have only one problem, I can't put to sleep my computer by Power button. Is there anyone that help me?

MB: GA-P67A-D3-B3 UEFI BIOS UA5

I have a question:
Did you already have the hackintosh or did you install OSX with the AMD 7850 GPU?

Расскажи по подробней как заводил видео опиши свои действия какой кловер утебя и какие опции при установке выбирал

I went and bought a 7950 from sapphire just because i saw that sapphire are making a mac version of it. I got the 3gb version.

I use a asus p8h61-i with patched bios

I got my 7950 to work like this

-Installed fresh ML

-updated to 10.8.3

-installed clover bootloader

-changed my uefi settings to use iGPU as primary display

-boot up the pc and wait like 15 seconds(you can't see anything with iGPU as primary)

-press enter to start the cloverbootloader

and boom it works without anything else, dont need to sleep trick or anything now

hope it helps some people, also steam/dvd/chess working no problems

Как заводил какой кловер ставил и какие опции выбирал при установке кловера какие патчи выбирал опиши подробней

Just got my Asus HD7850-DC2-2GD5 working with a clean install of ML 10.8.3.

Used KextBeast to install the two modified kexts provided previously in the thread. Booted using USB stick and GraphicsEnabler=No. Also needed to do the sleep trick.

Didn't work at first though. Had to disable the "Render Standby" option in my BIOS settings (have a Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3) before it would boot up.

You do not want to attempt installation with the 7xxx series- it could lead to :banghead:

If possible, use integrated graphics to install, then test the card later.

------------

On a fresh UniBeast 10.8.3 install, I have everything workin (after MultiBeast) EXCEPT for the MSI 7950 being properly recognized. Boots only in -x

Anyone got it running in normal mode?

MB: ASUS P8Z77 V

So we should choose a 7xxx card with 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, and 2 Display Ports instead of one with 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, and 1 Display Port so that it will match a device id and a non-generic frame buffer because a generic buffer may not support full QE/CI. Does that sound right?

What about the Vapor-X 7970 on the confirmed list? That has 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, and 1 Display Port. Does it use a generic frame buffer? Is it hindered in any way? Do all of the ports work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back