Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just added this to the Original Post- turns out Gigabyte UEFI needs Integrated graphics set to Disabled in order for dual graphics to work. :)

As I said, Tony you´re awesome :))))

just booted with the MBR Stick, disabled IGPU and came to the white screen, Sleep and real JOY !!! :)
Hdmi plugged to the internal ( no signal yet) and dual dvi for my 2560x1440, resolution supported !
Benchmark following, trying to activate the OC button e.g.

Ok so after a bit more experimenting, you can do the dual graphics thing with GUID partition format. So you were right KNNSpeed- MBR is not necessary when using the workaround.

I have found that the HD 7770 device ID is 0x683D1002 and is in ATI7000Controller.kext.
The list of device IDs further back has been updated to reflect this.

Could you try installing it with the card in via a fresh 10.8.3 installation, using Chimera 1.11.1 r1394 (the one included with MultiBeast 5.2.1--NOT Chimera 2.0.x) and posting the results?
(If your card isn't a reference design there are no guarantees that it'll work, but anything you can find out about your 7970's relationship with OS X could be really helpful.)

Edit: It looks like what you have is not a reference design. :( Maybe you can get lucky with the generic "RadeonFrameBuffer," which OS X might load for your card if the PCB is close enough to reference. But seeing how you've got 2 DVI ports and no HD 7000 framebuffer supports that directly, that alone says best case scenario you won't have QE/CI working at all without hacking the driver yourself...

You can do an upgrade, but you just need to upgrade with the old card in to ensure nothing goes wrong (like you did). You can swap cards once 10.8.3 is installed, so go ahead.

Have you tried using the MBR thing mentioned in the first post?
Okay I'll try installing OS X, but from what you said its not looking to hopeful. I might need to wait for netkas to release a modified driver for my 7970.

Guys im in with the 5770 in first pci and 7770 pci slot

Attachments

• Schermata 2013-03-17 alle 16.57.56.png
    Schermata 2013-03-17 alle 16.57.56.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 292
What do i do with the Device ID? It is in the info.plist.... How do I get my 7770 running? Ive tried booting with 2 displays one connected to my HD4000 and one to my HD7770.

Guys im in with the 5770 in first pci and 7770 pci slot

Try and plug your dvi cable into your 7770 and then bootup your pc and then get into osx blind. I think you should just have to press enter to start your bootloader. once osx starts your 7770 might take over and start working. worth a shot

I have found that the HD 7770 device ID is 0x683D1002 and is in ATI7000Controller.kext.
The list of device IDs further back has been updated to reflect this.

Yes the ID is correct as i see on pc info. But why all these problem with boot, can't figure out what's causing this

Try and plug your dvi cable into your 7770 and then bootup your pc and then get into osx blind. I think you should just have to press enter to start your bootloader. once osx starts your 7770 might take over and start working. worth a shot

Nothing to do. With 7770 in first pci just wont work, with 5770 it bootup and loads 7770 just as a normal device but non using it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back