i7 2600k
Graphics
Okay so heres the system's specification i am having problems with:
-i7 3970x
-asus x79 sabertooth
-32gig patriot viper
-corsair neutron 240gb ssd
-gigabyte windforce 680 2gb
I can get it running, and this only happens like 1 time out of 5. When it boots up, it takes a longer time to get to the graphic screen, and when it actually gets to it, it freezes, i cannot move the mouse, and i cannot do anything. I have it running using graphicsenabler=no, and i have installed the nvidia drivers which seemed to have improved the problem. I have also tried without any additional drivers, just with the native included drivers of 10.8.2. In my opinion, the problem is graphic wise, because everything boots fine, its just when the bootloader gets to the graphic part that it is having a hard time. And also i am getting really low cinebench scores (37fps), and i get about 52 fps with my 560ti on another system. What do you guys think?

Paul.

Okay so heres the system's specification i am having problems with:
-i7 3970x
-asus x79 sabertooth
-32gig patriot viper
-corsair neutron 240gb ssd
-gigabyte windforce 680 2gb
I can get it running, and this only happens like 1 time out of 5. When it boots up, it takes a longer time to get to the graphic screen, and when it actually gets to it, it freezes, i cannot move the mouse, and i cannot do anything. I have it running using graphicsenabler=no, and i have installed the nvidia drivers which seemed to have improved the problem. I have also tried without any additional drivers, just with the native included drivers of 10.8.2. In my opinion, the problem is graphic wise, because everything boots fine, its just when the bootloader gets to the graphic part that it is having a hard time. And also i am getting really low cinebench scores (37fps), and i get about 52 fps with my 560ti on another system. What do you guys think?

Paul.

Paul - plesae provide the complete part number for this Gigabyte Video cards as we have several some w OC and some w/o

Also are you using the GraphicsEnabler=No when you boot up ... if not try it plz.

Also see if you can find any information in this Forum as well http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/

I am not the typicall noob you would find on this site, i have built alot of hackintoshes, and i dont usually write posts because i can usually solve it by looking at other threads. And i have tried lots of things to make it work, including ge=no, because thats what you need to run 6xx natively. But i am not sure if its the graphics or the motherboard, or even a bios setting. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. When it doesnt it takes a long time to boot, and when it actually does the screen is frozen, including mouse, and you cannot do anything. So what i am thinking is that everything boots up fine, but when it comes to the graphic part, thats where the problem is. Its frustrating because nobody has problems with the 6xx, as they all think it runs natively just fine.

The card is GIGABYTE GV-N680OC-2GD GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125422&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID=

Hi Paul,

I had a look at the specs of your machine. Try these and see if it helps:

1) Booting the system with -v npci=0x3000. If that doesn't work....

2) Try editing your /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist with Textedit to something like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

3) If the above still fails, try and see if using this guide from the Nvidia GTX 670+Intel HD section helps Link to update your Nvidia card, especially the Apple updates section using the Macbook Air Supplemental 10.8.2 Update. If you have OSX already installed obviously you don't need to do any of the Multibeast installs here, only the Nvidia updates including the Supplemental and Patched file for your card.

I would strongly suggest before doing anything to see if you can make a clone of your current drive using something like SuperDuper (from www.shirt-pocket.com), and then try the above on the spare drive...this will save you lots of time.

Let us know how it works out...

Hello, thanks alot for replying i highly appreciate it. I have tried everything that you said about the org.chameleon.boot.plist. I was getting the errors with those settings. I think i found a way to trouble shoot it. I am using this guide to install the system: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...gb-ram-evga-gtx650-mountain-lion-g5-case.html
I have updated to 10.8.2, then i ran multibeast with minimal settings, easybeast, ge=no, sata drivers and system definitions. About 10 resets in, and i dont see the problem anymore. So i am going to install each component at a time to troubleshoot and see which one is causing the problem (fakesmc, audio, ethernet). Thanks for your help, let me know if theres something else i should look in. I will let you know how it goes. Is there any other update after 10.8.2, i remember there was a small suplemental update, could you link me to that? Do i have to install that?

I am definetly making some progress, i am just hoping i can get it all 100% working. So all the drivers are installed, audio, trim, ethernet, drisk, usb3. The system only boots when in verbose mode. When i boot in verboose mode everything is fine, then the graphic comes up normally, and its a working system, i have rebooted 10 times and no problems. But when i remove the verbose mode from the org.chameleon.boot.plist its another story. It takes a little while for it to boot up, theres an apple logo and a rotating loading wheel, as usual. Then when the graphic part comes up, theres a gray screen with a mouse and a spinning wheel besides it. It laggs, and when it actually boots up, everything is frozen. Any ideas?

Will it stay frozen indefinitely? or does it spin the beach ball for 2 minutes and then come back to life? This has been happening to me on my Sabertooth X79, I think it's audio related. I can't get 10.8.2 to work at all. I only have success with 10.7.4.

I had something similar. I stopped HWMonitor from starting up and the system boots fine now - never tried the -v thing with it though.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back