Contribute
Register

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - 10.14.5 - Can't get to installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently purchased a Logitech G433 Headset which comes with a USB DAC. I plugged it into a USB slot and it worked great. But something funky happened. Now (even with the G433 Headset & USB Dongle removed & computer restarted), my hackintosh no longer outputs sound from it's rear 3.5mm audio out.

In Preferences>Sound>Output, I can still see "Internal Speakers / Type: Built In" which changes to "Headphones / Type: Headphone port" when I plug something into it. Regardless of recognizing something is being plugged in, no audio actually plays through this out.

I can however still adjust the volume, although it produces no sound either.

Any easy way to fix this?

Hey master pastry chef, is it possible for me to do a clean install of Catalina using this same EFI folder you made me for Mojave? @pastrychef

It's probably a good idea to update Clover and the kexts before trying Catalina. Everything else should be fine.

It's probably a good idea to update Clover and the kexts before trying Catalina. Everything else should be fine.

Pardon my ignorance, but is updating the kexts as straight forward as seeking out the newest version of every kext in my EFI partition and replacing the old ones with the new? Drag 'n' drop?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.27.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.27.42 PM.png
    408.8 KB · Views: 47
Pardon my ignorance, but is updating the kexts as straight forward as seeking out the newest version of every kext in my EFI partition and replacing the old ones with the new? Drag 'n' drop?
yep, it is for when you add kexts to clover/kexts/other

Hey @pastrychef , I finally got around to backing everything up and updating clover and my kexts. After running into some trouble, I eventually successfully upgraded my Mojave 10.14.15 build to Catalina 10.15.4

Everything works great except I no longer have USB3 connectivity. USB 3.0 drives simply do not show up. I've tried the "port limit removal patch" and I've tried the "USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 Fix" by PMheart and daliansky. I've also tried enabling and disabling some of the USB inject patches for trial and error but nothing seems to work. I've attached a .zip of my clover folder to this post. Is there something I've done wrong?

Everything on my build is the same as before except I've updated the BIOS to 15A a long time ago.
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 (F15a BIOS)
i7-8700K
Radeon VII (founders)
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
4 x 16GB S.Skill Sniper X DDR4-3200
Wireless: Asus PCE-AC68

P.S. I saw that you added a Radeon Boost kext to your z370 build. Does that kext have any effect on real world performance or is it for boosting benchmark scores only?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8 MB · Views: 44
Hey @pastrychef , I finally got around to backing everything up and updating clover and my kexts. After running into some trouble, I eventually successfully upgraded my Mojave 10.14.15 build to Catalina 10.15.4

Everything works great except I no longer have USB3 connectivity. USB 3.0 drives simply do not show up. I've tried the "port limit removal patch" and I've tried the "USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 Fix" by PMheart and daliansky. I've also tried enabling and disabling some of the USB inject patches for trial and error but nothing seems to work. I've attached a .zip of my clover folder to this post. Is there something I've done wrong?

Everything on my build is the same as before except I've updated the BIOS to 15A a long time ago.
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 (F15a BIOS)
i7-8700K
Radeon VII (founders)
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
4 x 16GB S.Skill Sniper X DDR4-3200
Wireless: Asus PCE-AC68

P.S. I saw that you added a Radeon Boost kext to your z370 build. Does that kext have any effect on real world performance or is it for boosting benchmark scores only?

Apply one of the "proper" USB 15 port limit fixes and stop relying on the KextsToPatches.

I haven't personally done enough testing to know if there are real world benefits to RadeonBoost. You can check the following link and see how it affects other users.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back