Contribute
Register

Yosemite to Sierra 12.5 won't boot, auto reboot. (z97-g45 i7 4790k GTX 970)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97-G45
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GTX 970
Hey guys,

So recently I updated from Yosemite to Sierra, the installation process went fine and initially the booting process went fine except that "no wifi hardware was installed) which stopped me from downloading additionals kexts. Now I eventually managed to add new kexts but after a reboot, it didn't boot anymore but gave a kernel panic. Then I eventually got into recovery mode, here I could use the terminal to modify my kexts in c:/library/extensions/*.kext. I was able to fix the kernel panic (which was related to ASCI or something.) However, when I try to boot my ssd with the OS, it now throws another error at me. I included both errors in the thread.
JPEG_20170614_203340_.jpg
This was the initial one where I managed to work around.
IMG_20170614_133030.jpg

this is the one I am currently having trouble with. After it throws this, it automatically reboots the system.

I am a bit clueless on where to proceed from here, I tried a lot of the bootoptions on clover and looked at every thread of people experiencing similiar issues but came to no obvious conclusion on what the error might be.

Thanks in advance,

Stan

Attachments

• clover-EFI-folder.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 109
Hi Stan, just this morning my machine started having this same problem. I had 10.12.4 running smoothly and updated to 10.12.5 and started getting kernel panics. I'll update this forum if I find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back