Contribute
Register

XFX Rx 590 not working on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have massive kernel panic force reboot when I boot with rx590. Any ideas?

Quick Update and strange update

so called XFX support and the store I boot the RX590 as I had other issues win Windows 10 and they said unit is faulty.

Today I got a replacement new item in the box sealed...
guess what and I am not sure how

Plug it in, boot with Multi-Beast (as I already played with the GPU in my old config.) and system booted and recognized the XFX RX 590 as it native support on Catalina... no Kexts at all just will Multi Beast basic boot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 4.23.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 4.23.40 PM.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 4.24.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 4.24.05 PM.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 146
can you please share / upload the bios so that I could flash the same and try that?
Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.51.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.56.18 PM.png

those are the kext that run with it. I did not play with the Bios or flash the card... so far it read all ports are working and I can plug 5 monitors HDMI, DP, DP2, DP3 and DVI

There is some kext shouldn't be there but they are not doing any harm so I left it...

Clover will read the card at boot as RX480 but once Catalina load it read it RX 590 full clock (not overclocked)

also there is benchgeek benchmarks for OpenCL and Metal. I am not sure if numbers are good or bad but it is the same for windows 10

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.57.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.57.02 PM.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 63
I modded the powercolor bios for better performance and lower power consumption under macOs, used this on the FatBoy that was just consuming too much power. Testing under windows shows half the power and a bit lower 3dmark scores, but on macos i get a little less geekbench but more luxmark and unigine valley .

Attachments

• 590PWCUV.zip
    108.5 KB · Views: 143
Quick Update and strange update

so called XFX support and the store I boot the RX590 as I had other issues win Windows 10 and they said unit is faulty.

Today I got a replacement new item in the box sealed...
guess what and I am not sure how

Plug it in, boot with Multi-Beast (as I already played with the GPU in my old config.) and system booted and recognized the XFX RX 590 as it native support on Catalina... no Kexts at all just will Multi Beast basic boot
Glad it worked Out of the box. Out of curiosity what kind of usage you are giving it? By any chance you using premiere pro? Thanks

Just ordered the FatBoy XFX RX 590 8GB. Upgrading from the 270X. Hoping it will work OOB. I'll keep you all posted on how it works out

Just ordered the FatBoy XFX RX 590 8GB. Upgrading from the 270X. Hoping it will work OOB. I'll keep you all posted on how it works out

How did it go with this card? I'd like to use it in a stock Mac Pro 5.1.

AFAIR, this card requires a vBIOS update using the vBIOS of Rx590 from Powercolor (Red Dragon) or something compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back