Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried OC but the performance results are identical using Clover,
I want to ask you, what are the real advantages at this time to use OC, or if they are long term? Perform the tests in both Catalina and Mojave. ;)

So I checked if the Custom USB Kext I posted on the EFI for @flmmkr & @mm2margaret was loading properly in Catalina. It does. I also tried The XHCIPort limit + disabling the SSDT + using USBInjectall.kext + Brcm kexts suggested by @izo1. Result is the same. No BT/Wifi in Catalina. All my SSDTs are loading properly in Catalina. Problem is elsewhere.

So, I tried izo1's suggestion as well about the port limit issue and I also found that the result is the same. BT does not show up. For me, no BT in Catalina or Mojave, but Wireless works in both places with OC.

I agree, problem is elsewhere. And, @shael I did try your kext, and it made no difference. So, actually, I appreciate the effort, but you didn't really save me any time after all. Too bad......wish it had worked.

I'm beginning to believe that this might be a chip incompatability. What would be useful, @izo1, would be if you could discern the Broadcom chip that your card is using. Is that doable?

Finally, and perhaps more importantly, at least for me: Using OC, with the exception of a feature/utility that I do not use and don't care about all that much, BT, this system, so far, works perfectly, in Mojave and in Catalina. I'm just trying to get it to perfect.....

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 7.22.55 AM.png

So, I tried izo1's suggestion as well about the port limit issue and I also found that the result is the same. BT does not show up. For me, no BT in Catalina or Mojave, but Wireless works in both places with OC.

I agree, problem is elsewhere. And, @shael I did try your kext, and it made no difference. So, actually, I appreciate the effort, but you didn't really save me any time after all. Too bad......wish it had worked.

I'm beginning to believe that this might be a chip incompatability. What would be useful, @izo1, would be if you could discern the Broadcom chip that your card is using. Is that doable?

Finally, and perhaps more importantly, at least for me: Using OC, with the exception of a feature/utility that I do not use and don't care about all that much, BT, this system, so far, works perfectly, in Mojave and in Catalina. I'm just trying to get it to perfect.....

View attachment 421775
I had the same problem, it is the internal USB2 port that does not work and therefore the BT DOES NOT WORK, I tried several USB port limitation kext but nothing.

I had the same problem, it is the internal USB2 port that does not work and therefore the BT DOES NOT WORK, I tried several USB port limitation kext but nothing.

So, in Mojave or in Catalina if you boot with Clover, does BT work? Because for me, if I boot with Clover, it does work - I don't use it (once in a while I use it, but I don't use it much at all), but nonetheless, it works....

So, in Mojave or in Catalina if you boot with Clover, does BT work? Because for me, if I boot with Clover, it does work - I don't use it (once in a while I use it, but I don't use it much at all), but nonetheless, it works....

The Clover yes,
It works without problems, and the BT I use it for the keyboard and mouse

The Clover yes,
It works without problems, and the BT I use it for the keyboard and mouse

Are you using a Combo card (wireless and bluetooth)? Do you know what Broadcom chipset is on it?

OpenCore Version 005 is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back