Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole of becoming an SSDT expert yet.....maybe soon, but not yet. As I noted, even with the "fixed" EFI, BT did not show up either with Mojave or Catalina. The issue with the USB ports is that with Clover, I have no issues with BT either in Mojave or Catalina. So the USB kext (also from kgp) works well with BT in Mojave and Catalina just fine as long as I load with Clover.....but not with OC....

I do plan to go back to Pavo tomorrow, as his "fixed" EFI wasn't really fixed.....he's a real character, so I'm sure he'll have something colorful to say.....
I could've saved you a lot of time.... glad you figured it out :)

Edit: as you see fit for your config and thanks to @apfelnico. :)

Attachments

• PrimeX299DeluxeUSB.kext.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 115
How are you doing your USB map? You need proper USB set up for the internal header.

Is it a kext?

If yes, I recommend opening up all the ports for testing purposes (above 15 limit) by disabling (removing) your current USB patches and or Kexts and SSDTs, then using USBInjectAll.kext, and enabling:
Code:
 Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit: YES
temporarily to see if if it works in Catalina. Also post your IOREG with screenshot of XHC.

Also try the attached files.

So I checked if the Custom USB Kext I posted on the EFI for @flmmkr & @mm2margaret was loading properly in Catalina. It does. I also tried The XHCIPort limit + disabling the SSDT + using USBInjectall.kext + Brcm kexts suggested by @izo1. Result is the same. No BT/Wifi in Catalina. All my SSDTs are loading properly in Catalina. Problem is elsewhere.

Last edited:
I could've saved you a lot of time.... glad you figured it out. :)

Edit: as you see fit for your config and thanks to @apfelnico. :)
This is the same kext I posted in the other thread/EFI #900.

Got the majority of my SSDTs figured out and Windows to pop up. Not sure why SSDT-X299-SAT1 & SSDT-X299-XHCI aren't populating under System Report - PCI. But other than that so far so good. I'll try reinstalling catalina tomorrow to see how wifi/bt will do. I don't think there will be any issues though since I'm using a natively supported card and my USB kext is working.

The board doesn't matter for BT.

Matter of fact, I am still trying to figure out with the SAGE/10G because there's one USB3.0 port onboard and USBC -> USB3.0 does not work and USB PCIe cards are unstable. Last resort is running a USB2.0 wire to the rear and taking up a port.

I wonder if the 5 port + internal header card from Inatek would be a better option than the 2 port one we have since it has a sata power connector?

I wonder if the 5 port + internal header card from Inatek would be a better option than the 2 port one we have since it has a sata power connector?

Yeah I thought about that (maybe feeding it power will stabilize it?) instead of the PCIe powered one...I guess I could try that next?

But in the meantime this is coming this friday that has a ASMedia ASM1142 USB3.1 Gen2 chipset (which is backwards compatible with USB3.0/2.0) and only has an internal header and a SATA power port so it's dedicated to one thing.

https://www.newegg.com/silverstone-model-sst-ecu04-e-low-profile-pci-e-2-0-x2/p/N82E16815256025?Item=N82E16815256025

Am hoping this works because I think it's a Fresco Logic chipset issue, but I may be wrong.

I'd like to connect the front 2 panels to this and leave the WIFI/BT card on the internal USB3.0 header. There's something weird going on when the WIFI (which uses PCIe) and the USB PCIe card (going to the BT header) are sharing resources. I get laggy BT (BT keyboard lags and randomly disconnects sometimes)...and this doesn't happen if I go directly to the onboard USB3.0 port. Going to try both, though.

Really weird issues, but BT nowadays is kind of a requirement :lol:

Good tool to those who are just starting.

guys.

as per instruction from OpenCore. it suggest to use SSDT i/o Path to rename CPU CPxx->PRxx code snippet.

so anyone know how to make CPU SSDT for skylate-X ?

thanks

Yeah I thought about that (maybe feeding it power will stabilize it?) instead of the PCIe powered one...I guess I could try that next?

But in the meantime this is coming this friday that has a ASMedia ASM1142 USB3.1 Gen2 chipset (which is backwards compatible with USB3.0/2.0) and only has an internal header and a SATA power port so it's dedicated to one thing.

Am hoping this works because I think it's a Fresco Logic chipset issue, but I may be wrong.

I'd like to connect the front 2 panels to this and leave the WIFI/BT card on the internal USB3.0 header. There's something weird going on when the WIFI (which uses PCIe) and the USB PCIe card (going to the BT header) are sharing resources. I get laggy BT (BT keyboard lags and randomly disconnects sometimes)...and this doesn't happen if I go directly to the onboard USB3.0 port. Going to try both, though.

Really weird issues, but BT nowadays is kind of a requirement :lol:
Yeah, it definitely is a lot more stable when the BT is on the onboard header. The SATA powered card might be the best bet for the front two ports, idk. Hopefully that Silverstone one works out!

guys.

as per instruction from OpenCore. it suggest to use SSDT i/o Path to rename CPU CPxx->PRxx code snippet.

so anyone know how to make CPU SSDT for skylate-X ?

thanks
You don't need to rename cpxx>prxx just adapt your SSDT-Plug to reflect the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back