Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@djlild7hina @tonyarnold @izo1
Do you have BT/Wifi working in Catalina with OC?

Yep, works perfectly fine here in both Catalina and Mojave. I spend more time in Mojave, fyi. And also I'm using a WIFI/BT combo that doesn't require any kexts and works OOB in both OS versions and has BT4.2

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 7.21.41 PM.png

@djlild7hina @tonyarnold @izo1
Do you have BT/Wifi working in Catalina with OC?

I am particularly interested in Tony Arnold's response, because his motherboard is a Prime Deluxe. izo1 is working off a Sage/10G and I can't recall what djlild7hina's using, but I thought it was a Sage/10G also.

However, I am interested in the possibility that a USB port issue might be a cause. Tomorrow morning I will review that when I have some time. The Sage/10G has a lot less USB ports than the Prime Deluxe.

So, those kexts don't work in my case with either Mojave or Catalina.

I did spend some dialoging with Pavo over at the other site, and he seemed to be picking up on something Ellybz was talking about:

1. You have renames in the ACPI>Patch in the config and specifically you are renaming PC00 to PCI0, renames should not be done in the config using Patch section, this has been stated over and over in this thread and also stated in the OpenCore documentations.
2. While you are patching the ACPI tables with the rename of PC00 to PCI0 your SSDT Scope is _SB.PCI0.RP19 which is not matching the ACPI table path.
3. You are also doing a device rename of PXSX to ARPT in the SSDT itself.
What I suggest you do is remove all the renames in the ACPI>Patch section and change all your SSDTs to match against the scope of \_SB.PC00.xxx.

He then offered a "fixed" EFI, which didn't work. In my case, loading those kexts do not make BT available, and even with his "fixed" EFI, I still do not have BT available either in Mojave or Catalina.
That’s interesting about the patches in the config. I noticed the docs say to not patch in the config, but then almost all the EFIs I’ve looked at have patches in the config. Even the sample configs that come with OC have a couple patches in them.

That said. I’ve never been good at making SSDTs myself, but am happy to spend some time figuring it out to get it all working properly and then share what I come up with. Where do I start? Are there any beginner/newb guides for making SSDTs?

How are you doing your USB map? You need proper USB set up for the internal header.

Is it a kext?

If yes, I recommend opening up all the ports for testing purposes (above 15 limit) by disabling (removing) your current USB patches and or Kexts and SSDTs, then using USBInjectAll.kext, and enabling:
Code:
 Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit: YES
temporarily to see if if it works in Catalina. Also post your IOREG with screenshot of XHC.

Also try the attached files.
All my USB maps and patches are what @kgp provided, and then @Ellybz kindly provided me with my current new EFI here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-x299-support.276179/post-1994156 I didn’t change anything from that as far as any mapping, SSDTs, patches, etc.

I will try your suggestions tomorrow and report back.

Last edited:
I am particularly interested in Tony Arnold's response, because his motherboard is a Prime Deluxe. izo1 is working off a Sage/10G and I can't recall what djlild7hina's using, but I thought it was a Sage/10G also.

However, I am interested in the possibility that a USB port issue might be a cause. Tomorrow morning I will review that when I have some time. The Sage/10G has a lot less USB ports than the Prime Deluxe.

I had OC on Prime Deluxe II as well (same exact setup as now, just less RAM [64GB] on the Prime Deluxe II) and BT/WIFI worked both in Mojave and Catalina.

This is the one I use (don't mind the insane price)

Those with Sage/10G and working BT with OC and Catalina, what card are you using for BT?

That’s interesting about the patches in the config. I noticed the docs say to not patch in the config, but then almost all the EFIs I’ve looked at have patches in the config. Even the sample configs that come with OC have a couple patches in them.

That said. I’ve never been good at making SSDTs myself, but am happy to spend some time figuring it out to get it all working properly and then share what I come up with. Where do I start? Are there any beginner/newb guides for making SSDTs?

Well, I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole of becoming an SSDT expert yet.....maybe soon, but not yet. As I noted, even with the "fixed" EFI, BT did not show up either with Mojave or Catalina. The issue with the USB ports is that with Clover, I have no issues with BT either in Mojave or Catalina. So the USB kext (also from kgp) works well with BT in Mojave and Catalina just fine as long as I load with Clover.....but not with OC....

I do plan to go back to Pavo tomorrow, as his "fixed" EFI wasn't really fixed.....he's a real character, so I'm sure he'll have something colorful to say.....

Those with Sage/10G and working BT with OC and Catalina, what card are you using for BT?

The board doesn't matter for BT.

Matter of fact, I am still trying to figure out with the SAGE/10G because there's one USB3.0 port onboard and USBC -> USB3.0 does not work and USB PCIe cards are unstable. Last resort is running a USB2.0 wire to the rear and taking up a port.

My Geekbench score in Mojave/OC is equivalent to Mojave/Clover, so that’s a good sign so far. I’m still not ready to switch my working install to OC though until the BT issue in Catalina is figured out. I also haven’t done any other proper benchmarking yet.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole of becoming an SSDT expert yet.....maybe soon, but not yet. As I noted, even with the "fixed" EFI, BT did not show up either with Mojave or Catalina. The issue with the USB ports is that with Clover, I have no issues with BT either in Mojave or Catalina. So the USB kext (also from kgp) works well with BT in Mojave and Catalina just fine as long as I load with Clover.....but not with OC....

I do plan to go back to Pavo tomorrow, as his "fixed" EFI wasn't really fixed.....he's a real character, so I'm sure he'll have something colorful to say.....
Same exact thing I’m experiencing, except I was able to get BT working in Mojave with OC. We have different BT controllers though. Mine is a Dell DW8130 with a BCM943602BAED on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back