Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload ur efi folder. ill fix it for u.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm really not in a hurry, so I'll just stumble through this on my own.......no rush......

Nevermind. Already responded earlier

Last edited:
flmmkr said:
Ok, so it boots into Catalina, though not all is perfect. Here are the issues:

1. No Bluetooth at all. I have a Dell DW1830/BCM943602BAED card installed for both WiFi and BT. WiFi is working OOB. For BT in Mojave and Catalina with Clover I use BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM2 to get it working. Prior to Catalina I did not need BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, but I could only get BT to work in Catalina with Clover by adding that additional kext. I’ve tried and without that kext and still can’t get BT to work with OpenCore

2. The resolution of my monitors are 2560x1080 (ultra wide monitors). The Apple logo appears stretched even when I put 2560x1080@32 or 2560x1080 or leave blank for Misc/Boot/Resolution.

3. When OC starts (before the picker appears) I get the following:
OCS: No schema for All at 0 index! (11 times)
OCS: No schema for IgnoreForWindows at 1 index!
OCS: No schema for resetLogoStatus at 5 index!
OCS: Failed to parse string field of type 2 (twice)
OCS: No schema for ProvideConsoleControl at 3 index!

4. The OC log txt file left in the EFI shows:
00:000 00:000 OCB: Failed to match a default boot option.
------------------------

Few things..
I don't use any kext for my BT. ( BRCM 4331 ) It's working OOB in Mojave. However, in Catalina, I'm still working on it.
I tried several resolutions ( even 2560x1080@0 ) - OC still complains about it @ boot.
I still get very quick messages @ Failed to parse string or resetLogoStatus ( Different indexes ). Have not resolved this YET. ( Does not affect functionality of MacOS ) .Will keep posted.

EDIT: Have you tried your config OC with Mojave ? ( Catalina is still in Beta )

I have Bluetooth working with the same 3 kexts in Mojave and Catalina with Clover, but not in Catalina with OC. I’ll try making another volume on the drive for Mojave. Hope I have enough space.

Currently, I'm booting into Mojave, but Catalina is on the system, I just haven't gotten around to using OC with Catalina yet....for some reason, its' not reading my serial number.....even though under SMBIOS -> Generic, I've added it.....View attachment 421684

And, in Mojave with OC, I'm having issues with BT. The same AML file works in Mojave if I boot with Clover. The two files that filmkr used for BT didn't work in Mojave with OC. And I didn't need them ever with Mojave with Clover.

EDIT:
I just tried OC on Catalina. Again, no BT. However, no resolution issues.

Clover on Catalina, BT is fine. No resolution issues either. I'm on Beta 4 of Catalina.

What are you using for your BT adapter/controller? Mine is a Dell DW1830 mini PCIE card.

Its a BCM94360CD.....

The hierarchy is explained in the manual, so Generic should go under PlatformInfo.

Example:

Code:
!PlatformInfo
Automatic [YES]
>Generic
>>Your info here
UpdateDataHub [YES]
UpdateNVRAM [YES]
UpdateSMBIOS [YES]
UpdateSMBIOSMode [Create]

Technically you do not need to use SMBIOS Dictionary, that is if you set Automatic to YES. You just need MLB, SystemProductName, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID under Generic. You can turn SpoofVendor to YES. The Serial, MLB etc can be brought over from Clover, no problem.

If you use iMac Pro 1,1 under Generic, the SMBIOS will be automatically filled for you so you don't have to set it up (Only if Automatic is set to YES as previously mentioned). So you can delete SMBIOS under PlatformInfo

Take a look at the "Full" and "Partial" templates provided by OC Pkg.

Also your WIFI/BT should work in Catalina exactly as it would under Mojave. Unless you have the Wifi/BT combo where you need to inject a kext.

In that case, use headkaze's repo version that's modified for Catalina:

This will also work for Mojave.

You just need 1 bootloader for both OSs.

For example, I just have the bootloader on my Mojave drive and I can easily boot into Catalina (separate disk) and Mojave with exactly the same settings. You can also put the booter on a USB stick while you're experimenting and just boot with F8/USB stick to perfect your OC settings.

Last edited:
The hierarchy is explained in the manual, so Generic should go under PlatformInfo.

Example:

Code:
!PlatformInfo
Automatic [YES]
>Generic
>>Your info here
UpdateDataHub [YES]
UpdateNVRAM [YES]
UpdateSMBIOS [YES]
UpdateSMBIOSMode [Create]

Technically you do not need to use SMBIOS Dictionary, that is if you set Automatic to YES. You just need MLB, SystemProductName, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID under Generic. You can turn SpoofVendor to YES. The Serial, MLB etc can be brought over from Clover, no problem.

Take a look at the "Full" and "Partial" templates provided by OC Pkg.

Nothing for the ROM parameter under PlatformInfo -> Generic? I think I've filled those out, and there must be something else wrong.....no worries....I'll figure it out.....in due time.....

I'm quite pleased that both Mojave and Catalina boot and work pretty well with not much effort on my part....now comes the hard part....the final 10%......

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Thought you were going on Vacation???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back