Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be working just fine. The only obvious issue is no bluetooth (I don't use it, so not worried there....I will fix it eventually......the most important things to me are: the display (working), the 10GbE card (working), the Wireless (also working). Bluetooth, well, hmm.....some work I need to do, but because I don't use it, its not vital to me.

I just ran a Geekbench, both CPU and GPU, both worked. GPU seems a little faster, CPU is about the same.

What parameter do you edit to enter a UUID? Anybody know?
Also: I thought setting scan policy to zero would cause it to scan for all drives, but I'm not seeing my Linux drive nor my Windows drive....any ideas there?

what format is your linux drive? for your windows drive to showup. u need an ntfs driver for OC (not sure if one exists)

what format is your linux drive? for your windows drive to showup. u need an ntfs driver for OC (not sure if one exists)

Its Linux Mint, ext4, and you are right, I am not loading an NTFS driver in OC. I guess I can try the one I was using for Clover.....still not clear about Bluetooth. Bluetooth works if I load clover, but not in OC.....hmm.....I am in slot 5, with an updated AML and I'm referencing that in OC, so not sure what's going on there.....

Its Linux Mint, ext4, and you are right, I am not loading an NTFS driver in OC. I guess I can try the one I was using for Clover.....still not clear about Bluetooth. Bluetooth works if I load clover, but not in OC.....hmm.....I am in slot 5, with an updated AML and I'm referencing that in OC, so not sure what's going on there.....

upload ur efi folder. ill fix it for u.

flmmkr said:
Ok, so it boots into Catalina, though not all is perfect. Here are the issues:

1. No Bluetooth at all. I have a Dell DW1830/BCM943602BAED card installed for both WiFi and BT. WiFi is working OOB. For BT in Mojave and Catalina with Clover I use BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM2 to get it working. Prior to Catalina I did not need BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, but I could only get BT to work in Catalina with Clover by adding that additional kext. I’ve tried and without that kext and still can’t get BT to work with OpenCore

2. The resolution of my monitors are 2560x1080 (ultra wide monitors). The Apple logo appears stretched even when I put 2560x1080@32 or 2560x1080 or leave blank for Misc/Boot/Resolution.

3. When OC starts (before the picker appears) I get the following:
OCS: No schema for All at 0 index! (11 times)
OCS: No schema for IgnoreForWindows at 1 index!
OCS: No schema for resetLogoStatus at 5 index!
OCS: Failed to parse string field of type 2 (twice)
OCS: No schema for ProvideConsoleControl at 3 index!

4. The OC log txt file left in the EFI shows:
00:000 00:000 OCB: Failed to match a default boot option.
------------------------

Few things..
I don't use any kext for my BT. ( BRCM 4331 ) It's working OOB in Mojave. However, in Catalina, I'm still working on it.
I tried several resolutions ( even 2560x1080@0 ) - OC still complains about it @ boot.
I still get very quick messages @ Failed to parse string or resetLogoStatus ( Different indexes ). Have not resolved this YET. ( Does not affect functionality of MacOS ) .Will keep posted.

EDIT: Have you tried your config OC with Mojave ? ( Catalina is still in Beta )

Last edited:
Mojave or Catalina?

Mojave or Catalina?

Currently, I'm booting into Mojave, but Catalina is on the system, I just haven't gotten around to using OC with Catalina yet....for some reason, its' not reading my serial number.....even though under SMBIOS -> Generic, I've added it..... Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 2.18.49 PM.png

And, in Mojave with OC, I'm having issues with BT. The same AML file works in Mojave if I boot with Clover. The two files that filmkr used for BT didn't work in Mojave with OC. And I didn't need them ever with Mojave with Clover.

EDIT:
I just tried OC on Catalina. Again, no BT. However, no resolution issues.

Clover on Catalina, BT is fine. No resolution issues either. I'm on Beta 4 of Catalina.

Last edited:
Currently, I'm booting into Mojave, but Catalina is on the system, I just haven't gotten around to using OC with Catalina yet....for some reason, its' not reading my serial number.....even though under SMBIOS -> Generic, I've added it.....View attachment 421684

And, in Mojave with OC, I'm having issues with BT. The same AML file works in Mojave if I boot with Clover. The two files that filmkr used for BT didn't work in Mojave with OC. And I didn't need them ever with Mojave with Clover.
BT issue is obviously proper to your Mobo. Can't troubleshoot for you..Between SSDTs, Kext& PCI Slot choice, too many parameters for me to look upon.

S/N-> SMBIOS / ChassisSerialnumber ?

BT issue is obviously proper to your Mobo. Can't troubleshoot for you..Between SSDTs, Kext& PCI Slot choice, too many parameters for me to look upon.

S/N-> SMBIOS / ChassisSerialnumber ?

No problem. I'll figure it out eventually. No worries, just giving OC a spin......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back