Contribute
Register

UX305UA Minor Glitches (graphic glitches, trackpad, sleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Zenbook UX305UA (Clover)
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520 @ 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've got my laptop hackintosh'd w/ sierra but I've got some minor glitches still. There are two main ones, the graphics gltiching out and the trackpad options resetting. I've included my config.plist and dsdt's linked if anybody needs those.

Graphics: So I've got Intel-HD520 inside, and everything seems to be working fine when I have my laptop connected to and external monitor, but when I'm using my local monitor, there are glitches around the current tabs and at the top left of the screen, I've got my ig-platform set to '0x19160000' and my DVMT set to '64' but I've still got glitching.

Trackpad: This one's a pretty simple thing, but I just can't seem to figure it out. I use tap to click when using my trackpad, but every-time I reboot, the tap to click stops working and I manually have to go into settings and check it again. The strange this is that when I enter settings to change it, it's still active, but it's just not working.

Sleep: This one I just have no clue about. No matter what I try, when I select sleep, the laptop screen turns off for a brief second and then turns back on with all of the applications open. Currently I've just disabled sleep altogether as when I closed my display and it went into sleep, the display seemed to crash. If anybody knows anything about this, please tell me. It's really annoying having to turn off and boot up every-time I change classes.

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 4.54.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 4.55.49 PM.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 234
  • RehabMan.zip
    75 KB · Views: 122
  • IOREG.ioreg
    9.7 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I've got my laptop hackintosh'd w/ sierra but I've got some minor glitches still. There are two main ones, the graphics gltiching out and the trackpad options resetting. I've included my config.plist and dsdt's linked if anybody needs those.

Graphics: So I've got Intel-HD520 inside, and everything seems to be working fine when I have my laptop connected to and external monitor, but when I'm using my local monitor, there are glitches around the current tabs and at the top left of the screen, I've got my ig-platform set to '0x19160000' and my DVMT set to '64' but I've still got glitching.

Trackpad: This one's a pretty simple thing, but I just can't seem to figure it out. I use tap to click when using my trackpad, but every-time I reboot, the tap to click stops working and I manually have to go into settings and check it again. The strange this is that when I enter settings to change it, it's still active, but it's just not working.

Sleep: This one I just have no clue about. No matter what I try, when I select sleep, the laptop screen turns off for a brief second and then turns back on with all of the applications open. Currently I've just disabled sleep altogether as when I closed my display and it went into sleep, the display seemed to crash. If anybody knows anything about this, please tell me. It's really annoying having to turn off and boot up every-time I change classes.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

View attachment 241597

View attachment 241598

ACPI is not patched correctly.
No idea if you have the correct files (you didn't press F4 to populate ACPI/origin), but certainly SSDT-0, SSDT-1, are missing. Also, DropOem is false, but it must be set true when there are patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched (as there are).

Also, you didn't patch for "instant wake" (see _PRW patches as mentioned in my ACPI patching guide).
And you didn't patch to simulate a version of Windows for _OSI (see "OS Check Fix" patches).
As for graphics issues, read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-skylake-menu-bar-glitch-fix.206400/

Your issue with trackpad preferences is probably a bug in the I2C kext you're using...

Your issue with trackpad preferences is probably a bug in the I2C kext you're using...
Correct.

Use the attached kext from post #2 in the VoodooI2C thread. I've modified the kext to have Tap to click (and Dragging too) enabled.
Notice that even if you turn them off in the System Preferences, they would still be active.
It's a workaround until someone can figure why it's happening.

And @RehabMan , I would be very happy if you could help us, with your experience with VoodooPS2.
No one can look at the code and figure what's wrong that makes it not read the user settings, and I think you would be able to :)
The source code is over here, if you are willing to have a look:
https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C

Correct.

Use the attached kext from post #2 in the VoodooI2C thread. I've modified the kext to have Tap to click (and Dragging too) enabled.
Notice that even if you turn them off in the System Preferences, they would still be active.
It's a workaround until someone can figure why it's happening.

And @RehabMan , I would be very happy if you could help us, with your experience with VoodooPS2.
No one can look at the code and figure what's wrong that makes it not read the user settings, and I think you would be able to :)
The source code is over here, if you are willing to have a look:
https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C

If I get a laptop with I2C, I would look at I2C kexts... but not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back