Contribute
Register

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 on existing triple boot with clover in EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All - Clover running fine for Mac partition - El capitan. Moved from Chameleon to Clover in triple boot (Mac, Win7, Ubuntu).
Added Linux Mint and can still se all OS's - but can only boot mac. Prior to Mint (after Clover install) I was getting boot1 error on the non mac os's. Figured I was close to getting that worked out.

Gparted says the drive is pure GPT (launch Linus with USB to check)

Still have to get windows repair disk - but hesitant to screw with this more until checking here.

The failure screens are standard fair.

By the way I also reinstalled Clover just in case that would fix things.

Thanks.

boot1 error is not possible with UEFI. Why are you doing legacy boot?

boot1 error is not possible with UEFI. Why are you doing legacy boot?

I thought that my original Windows and Linux (under Chameleon on my Bios 4530s) were "legacy". I updated to Clover, fixed my Mac OS install and went from there.

I looked for methods to Convert my Windows to UEFI with reinstalling and was overwhelmed with the number of supposed solutions And once I reinstalled grub2 on the ubuntu partition I was sure that would show up. Not the case.

Basically trying not to do a reinstall. My original triple boot a couple of years ago is thanks to to your blog. Didn't want to screw that up moving to clover - but did. Mac runs and upgrades better than ever but I can't even get to windows anymore. I was able to start it at least before the linux incident.

Thanks for the question - though I don't think I'm going to like the answer of what to do. All my Mac stuff is backed up. I am trying to get into windows so I can do my Win10 upgrade.

I thought that my original Windows and Linux (under Chameleon on my Bios 4530s) were "legacy". I updated to Clover, fixed my Mac OS install and went from there.

I looked for methods to Convert my Windows to UEFI with reinstalling and was overwhelmed with the number of supposed solutions And once I reinstalled grub2 on the ubuntu partition I was sure that would show up. Not the case.

Basically trying not to do a reinstall. My original triple boot a couple of years ago is thanks to to your blog. Didn't want to screw that up moving to clover - but did. Mac runs and upgrades better than ever but I can't even get to windows anymore. I was able to start it at least before the linux incident.

Thanks for the question - though I don't think I'm going to like the answer of what to do. All my Mac stuff is backed up. I am trying to get into windows so I can do my Win10 upgrade.

There is a good article on moving Windows to UEFI on Microsoft's technet. You can find it with google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back