Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to find Clover_v2.3k_r3726 version to be able to downgrade and get dual screen support but this file is nowhere to be find anymore? Can someone please send a link?

(Else all works perfect, many thanks for the guide!)
Clover_v2.3k_r3726 wasn't available on Sourceforge but I did manage to find it included in one of the downloads on THIS forum post. I've attached it here. Good luck!

Attachments

• Clover_v2.3k_r3726.zip
    39.2 MB · Views: 159
Clover_v2.3k_r3726 wasn't available on Sourceforge but I did manage to find it included in one of the downloads on THIS forum post. I've attached it here. Good luck!

Many thanks for the file, unfortunatelly it still did not work to make the Dual screen to work :( I am running 1 screen as DVI and 1 screen as HDMI. Anyone else has another option than this downgrading of clover that has worked?

Hi there! I used your guide to try and get rid of the 10.12.5 graphics issue with hd530 graphics. I installed sierra 10.12.5 on a clean system and managed to boot onto the desktop to make the updates as described in your first post (lilu kext etc. ). Upon restart and trying to boot on the disk itself i receive everytime the same error: gioscreenlockstate. I think i missed something here but can't figure out what.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
Hi there! I used your guide to try and get rid of the 10.12.5 graphics issue with hd530 graphics. I installed sierra 10.12.5 on a clean system and managed to boot onto the desktop to make the updates as described in your first post (lilu kext etc. ). Upon restart and trying to boot on the disk itself i receive everytime the same error: gioscreenlockstate. I think i missed something here but can't figure out what.
Your image shows what appears to be an active Serial port (SuperIO), this should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

So I have a z170n-wifi motherboard. Initially I missed this option already during setup. The superio option is not visible in the menu. Then I tried updating the bios from F6 to F7. The installation went 100% through without an error. But when I restart the bios is still showing me F6 and superio not visible. Anything I can do or change? I used qflash with an usb drive created in windows.

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your help regarding this build.
I got my H170N + I5 6600K running with wifi.
Although I ran Multibeast with Intel 5xx Kext in it, i got some random glitch from times to times appearing on my wide screen (28").
It looks like snow briefly coming on then out.
Anyone has experienced the same thing ?
Do I Need to add some specify kext via Kext Util or only seek for a propper Nvidia card to handle such monitor ?

Cheers,
C.

So I have a z170n-wifi motherboard. Initially I missed this option already during setup. The superio option is not visible in the menu. Then I tried updating the bios from F6 to F7. The installation went 100% through without an error. But when I restart the bios is still showing me F6 and superio not visible. Anything I can do or change? I used qflash with an usb drive created in windows.

Did you clicked on Q-Flash in the bios ? (I'm running F4 from F3 and went like a charm via USB Stick plugged on the USB 3.0 port next to the power adapter).

Did you clicked on Q-Flash in the bios ? (I'm running F4 from F3 and went like a charm via USB Stick plugged on the USB 3.0 port next to the power adapter).
Thanks, once I clicked the qflash button the bios flashing worked. I'm now on f20d but still the superIO option is not visible on the bios. Any other ideas I could try?

Edit: I changed the following settings:
- IGFX enabled
- XHCI handoff enabled

I found those in another guide and it did the trick for me. Any chance that superIO has been named differently?

Last edited:
Unfortunately F20 prevent from downgrading back to F3 and F4 so I'm totally unaware of the bios setting in F20 I'm sorry.

Check this thread if you can't boot up clover at all https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/psa-gigabyte-f20b-bios-changes.207965/page-2#post-1385522

Thanks for your link. But in the meantime I was able to boot from the disk directly. Apperently the z170n doesn't have the superIO option since the required ports are not on this board (feedback gigabyte). Anyway, it's booting perfectly without graphics issues on 10.12.5.

Next target, getting hdmi audio to work. Need help from toleda cause im lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back