Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I managed to build my very first Hackintosh, everything seems to be working well so far, except for sleep/wake. When I sleep my computer, both my cpu fan and case fan turns off, but when i try to wake my computer, both the fans start spinning again but I do not see anything on my screen. I tried changing to Darkwake=0 in Clover Configurator, but it did not work. Is there a way to solve this? Thanks guys. :headbang:

Sierra 10.12.5

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI

CPU:
Core i3-6100

Graphics:
Built in Intel graphics

The same model,now my os is 10.12.5

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 138
Same problem here. All USB ports works for USB2 devices, or when using USB3 devices with USB2 cable, but the USB3 devices are not working (Ex: an HD enclosure USB3 will not mount).

One error I did was initially, my Multibeast install did not included checking the box of the "Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series". So I did install it on top, without success. I have also tried a bunch of things documented in this thread without success. I probably think the answer is somewhere buried in this 27 pages this thread has become but can you please help me?

Thank you.

I've just assembled an i7 6700, GA-H170N-Wifi, EVGA 1050 GTX! (running on Sierra 10.12.4 with the newly released Pascal support, drivers worked like a charm after a few minor tweaks).
Got audio thanks to the Grand Master Toleda and his guide.
No sleep issues at all. SMBIOS 17.1

Almost everything's rolling except for the USB behavior: I have no power output to the USB 3.0 devices. The ports work just fine with 2.0 devices, just no 3.0 support.

The answer seems to be here, but it gets a little overwhelming to me, got to find the right time to get into it.

Has anyone came with another solution?

Thanks everyone for the great work, very helpful thread!

EDIT: With the EFI partition mounted just applied Multibeast's Increase max port limit under USB and that did it! Fully functional Sierra 10.12.4 on a GA-H170N-Wifi! Cheers to everyone!

EDIT 2: Decided to go with a fresh install after I experienced some problems. Followed ammulder's guide to El Capitan almost step by step and went absolutely fine, except for the SMBIOS (changed 3.1 to 14.2, Sierra wouldn't boot otherwise). Only problem is no audio via HDMI, even copying the appropriate SSDT to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/... but I've been worse :p

Last edited:
my wifi still dont work :(

Same problem. Got Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup installed, but no WiFi on my Broadcom card.
Keep getting 4 pop-ups, one right after another saying BrcmFirwareRepo.kext, PrcmPatchPRAM2.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used.

I know the card is working, it was before the update and Bluetooth is still working after the 10.12.5 update.

Last edited:
I want to know why I add codes to config.plist with text editor,i can not open it with configurator anymore ,just blank..
upload my config, help me

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.5 KB · Views: 278
I want to know why I add codes to config.plist with text editor,i can not open it with configurator anymore ,just blank..
upload my config, help me
When you edit your config.plist with a text editor it can corrupt the formatting and a corrupt file is the same as no file at all as you have discovered. You should use a plist editing app such as Xcode, PlistEdit Pro or CloverConfigurator.

Code:
config.plist: Encountered unexpected character â on line 475 while looking for open tag

I'm trying to follow your instructions. But I have a problem. How does one update clover if MacOS hangs during boot? How do you access the EFI partition to move new kexts?

Edit: here's my update after nearly two hours of searching, everything is up and running. Had to set an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678) during clover boot, I also disabled AppleALC. Finally was able to boot into MacOS and make necessary changes.

BTW, contrary to instructions for the plist. If you instead choose to inject intel and leave the ig-platform-id at 0x0. This will allow the system to display correct graphics ("Intel HD Graphics 530...") instead of "... Graphics SKL CRB" under About This Mac's overview tab.
Thanks for the plist tip! Didn't even notice the listed graphics wasn't correct when using the original fix. Updated the main post

Trying to find Clover_v2.3k_r3726 version to be able to downgrade and get dual screen support but this file is nowhere to be find anymore? Can someone please send a link?

(Else all works perfect, many thanks for the guide!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back