Intel Core i5 6500
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This thread is a deviation from ammulder's guide - El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI - focussing only on installing Sierra on this build.

Updating to MacOS 10.12 went smoothly by following tonymacx86's Direct Update Guide. After the update most things worked properly, including audio (with AppleALC.kext), iMessage, and Bluetooth. WiFi didn't work but was fixed using the steps below. Using the integrated HD530 graphics, there are some issues that are listed below... still no fix that I can find.

[UPDATED May 3, 2017] - Graphics glitch/artifacts and 10.12.1+ WiFi issues have been resolved with fixes listed below.

I'll update this thread with any new fixes I come across. This is a popular (and fantastic!) build, so let's get this thread going with problems we encounter when updating to or once running Sierra and any fixes we can find.
51p4jRz4xQL._SX425_.jpg

My Configuration
  • BIOS F4c
  • Core i5-6500
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4-2400
  • Integrated HD530 graphics
  • Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)
_
KNOWN ISSUES WITH FIXES

- No WiFi or Bluetooth connection - Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 requires an additional patch
Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:
eg. in KextsToPatch:
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81f952aa 00007529
Replace: 81f952aa 00006690
Through Clover config.plist, add the following within KextsToPatch:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>
For Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1 and newer - WiFi/Bluetooth requires three additional patches
Through Clover config.plist, add the following within KextsToPatch:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 1</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QTnEdRs=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
QTnEZpA=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 2</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QQ+3zTnBdQw=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
QQ+3zTnBZpA=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 3</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g33EBHQG
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g33EBGaQ
</data>
</dict>

- No Audio with RealtekALC.kext

Follow toleda's Sierra Desktop/Realtek Apple HDA Audio patch instructions HERE.​

- Graphical artifacts on the menu bar with HD530 integrated graphics

Follow dgladkov's Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix patch instructions HERE.
- Display can't be driven at native resolution (> 1080p)
Apply the Pixel Clock Patch, which removes artificial software limitations. Installing SwitchResX was not necessary for me. I only needed to disable SIP and run the CoreDisplay-patcher.command script.​

- Dual Monitors Not Working w/ HD530 Graphics
Downgrade Clover Bootloader to Clover_v2.3k_r3726.​

- One or more USB ports not working

RehabMan's new USB port limit patch is required to increase the port limit. Apply the following patch in Clover:
eg. in KextsToPatch:
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: 83bd74ff ffff10
Replace: 83bd74ff ffff1b
Comment: change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series)
MatchOS: 10.12.x

You can disable/remove any previous USB port limit patches that were in use.​

- OUTDATED: Kernel panic after 10.12.5 update (freezes at boot)
Fix provided by u/corpnewt: With 10.12.5, the HD5xx/HD6xx iGPUs are having issues. Also, Clover r4061 has Intel Injection issues. To fix this, you'll want to update to the latest Clover version (currently at r4077). Then open your config.plist and make the following changes:
  • Set your Intel FakeID to 0x19168086
  • Set Inject Intel to <false/>
  • Ensure you have your ig-platform-id set to 0x19120000
  • Add Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to wherever you load your hack kexts
    • EFI > CLOVER > kexts > 10.xx/Other if injecting
    • /Library/Extensions if loading from the system
  • Add FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (from here) to wherever you load your hack kexts
- UPDATED: Kernel panic after 10.12.5 update (freezes at boot)
NOTE: Previous fix above changed the displayed Graphics in About This Mac to "Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB". This updated fix maintains the correct displayed Graphics of "Intel HD Graphics xxx". Update provided by jamesgx.

With 10.12.5, the HD5xx/HD6xx iGPUs are having issues. Also, Clover r4061 has Intel Injection issues. To fix this, you'll want to update to the latest Clover version (currently at r4077). Then open your config.plist and make the following changes:
  • Set your Intel FakeID to 0x19168086
  • Set Inject Intel to <true/> within Graphics section of Clover
  • Ensure you have your ig-platform-id set to 0x0
  • Add Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to wherever you load your hack kexts
    • EFI > CLOVER > kexts > 10.xx/Other if injecting
    • /Library/Extensions if loading from the system
  • Add FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (from here) to wherever you load your hack kexts
- Videos in Twitter.app and Safari not loading
Videos in the Twitter app and certain videos in Safari (such as Twitter.com and the WWDC livestream) would not load, but all videos loaded when opened in Chrome or Firefox. To fix this:

_
KNOWN ISSUES WITHOUT FIXES

- Sleep problems with HD530 integrated graphics

- Graphics glitches upon wake with GTX 1060

Last edited:
cool thread!!right now i cant upgrade to Sierra until new drivers from Avid,Apogee come out,also there will be a Multibeast Sierra and Unibeast update and fix for audio,Ethernet, wifi and Bluetooth.

cool thread!!right now i cant upgrade to Sierra until new drivers from Avid,Apogee come out,also there will be a Multibeast Sierra and Unibeast update and fix for audio,Ethernet, wifi and Bluetooth.

Yeah the new Multibeast and Unibeast will be a big help for most people. My only issues are with the HD530 graphics. I'm considering installing a GeForce GT 740 but then I would need to buy a larger case...

Last edited:
I'm considering installing a GeForce GT 740 but then I would need to buy a larger case...

what case did you bought?i bought the Prodigy Phenom and i installed this video card EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti SC 2GB GDDR5

what case did you bought?i bought the Prodigy Phenom and i installed this video card EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti SC 2GB GDDR5
I have the Streacom F1CWS Evo. I wanted a Mac Mini look. I love the case and it's compact, but doesn't offer much in terms of upgradeability. I do like the BitFenix Phenom, but I was also thinking about waiting until Q2 of 2017 to buy the Cryorig Ola.

Only issue I have running Sierra is I have lost functionality in one of the USB 3 ports.

Thanks for the Sierra update. The only problem I'm having is no audio. I tried running Multibeast 8.2.3 again and reinstalling the ALC1150 kext/patches without success. Any thoughts?

Only issue I have running Sierra is I have lost functionality in one of the USB 3 ports.
Maybe it's an issue with the USB port limit. Have you tried RehabMan's new USB port limit patch?

A new patch is required. Keep in mind the port limit patch is for temporary use only. You should plan on creating a custom SSDT to configure USBInjectAll.kext such that the port limit patch is not needed.

eg. in KextsToPatch:
Comment: change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series)
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: <83bd74ff ffff10>
Replace: <83bd74ff ffff1b>

Thanks for the Sierra update. The only problem I'm having is no audio. I tried running Multibeast 8.2.3 again and reinstalling the ALC1150 kext/patches without success. Any thoughts?
I'm using the AppleALC kext instead of RealtekALC and my audio is working perfectly. So I'd suggest replacing RealtekALC.kext with AppleALC.kext. I used a guide HERE and downloaded the OS X 10.11.6 version of AppleHDA.kext and left <string>1</string> within the Audio Injection section of config.plist as is.

You can also try toleda's Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio patch.

I'm using the AppleALC kext instead of RealtekALC and my audio is working perfectly. So I'd suggest replacing RealtekALC.kext with AppleALC.kext. I used a guide HERE and downloaded the OS X 10.11.6 version of AppleHDA.kext and left <string>1</string> within the Audio Injection section of config.plist as is.

You can also try toleda's Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio patch.

Thanks, toleda's patch worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back