Not open for further replies.
Updated today to Sierra 10.12.6!

Everything works! :headbang:

GA-H170-WIFI
i5-6500
HD530
Dell DW1560 (BCM) card
View attachment 268957

I just couldn't help noticing this. My native language is portuguese and your system language looks like a bunch of mistyped words except for "Memória" that is written exactly the same. I don't know why it looks funny to me, but it does...

I'm a newbie here and I don't know how to solve wifi and bluetooth connection problem (BCM94352).
Can anyone help me with "KextsTopatch" because I'm not sure how to do it exactly or can anyone send me a fixed config.plist?

My build is
GA-H170N-WIFI with Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip)
Core i5-6500
2x 8 GB DDR4-2133
GTX 970

Thx in advance!

- No WiFi or Bluetooth connection - Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 requires an additional patch
Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:
eg. in KextsToPatch:
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81f952aa 00007529
Replace: 81f952aa 00006690
Through Clover config.plist, add the following within KextsToPatch:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data></dict>
For Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1 and newer - WiFi/Bluetooth requires three additional patches
Through Clover config.plist, add the following within KextsToPatch:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 1</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QTnEdRs=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
QTnEZpA=
</data></dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 2</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QQ+3zTnBdQw=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
QQ+3zTnBZpA=
</data></dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 3</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g33EBHQG
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g33EBGaQ
</data></dict>

hey guys, need some help here. I have had this setup working fine in el capitan for several months now. Somehow decided that it was time to upgrade to sierra today and here I am. I dont have an nvidia graphics card - its the vanilla intel hd530 with core i5-6500.

I upgraded clover and downloaded the required kext files to the EFI directory. I was able to directly copy them over without any additional app to mount the EFI directory (Maybe this is the step I did incorrectly).

So went through the regular update through the app store and after reboot, the "install" is not going anywhere. I see the progress bar going all the way to the right but nothing after that. Its just stuck. And I can't get back to my previous el capitan install either :(

Any suggestion to get out of this mess will be appreciated.

@balak I'm having loads of issues too. Have even tried a clean install and keeps kping. Try running it in verbose to see what it's getting stuck on. Mine hangs up on IOUSBFamily

IMG_3021.jpg

Last edited:
@tom.humphrey I'm getting errors as well. I was running El Capt. well (1 year plus) until my son accidentally updated to Sierra a few days ago. It went into reboot cycle.
Now i'm in the process of a fresh install of Sierra. With errors showing up. For some reason I remember having to remove the GTX950 Vid card or the Wifi/Bluetooth chip I bought to replace the one that came with the H170n -WIFI board to get it to install properly. I'll have to try it when I get home later.

Intel i7-6700k Skylake
Gigabit GTX950 2GB
Gigabit GA-H170N- WIFI
Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2

@tom.humphrey I'm getting errors as well. I was running El Capt. well (1 year plus) until my son accidentally updated to Sierra a few days ago. It went into reboot cycle.
Now i'm in the process of a fresh install of Sierra. With errors showing up. For some reason I remember having to remove the GTX950 Vid card or the Wifi/Bluetooth chip I bought to replace the one that came with the H170n -WIFI board to get it to install properly. I'll have to try it when I get home later.

Intel i7-6700k Skylake
Gigabit GTX950 2GB
Gigabit GA-H170N- WIFI
Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2

I did not had issues with the GPU and wifi card. I could install El Sierra withoult removing them

Update: I had to enable USB Ownership in Clover Options. This allowed me to continue with installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back