Contribute
Register

ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - Gigabyte GTX 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point oxo !

I saw that note about HPET in the link, but this option was mandatory for hackintoshes some time ago, so I left it enabled. Concretely, for Z68 boards running Snow Leopard, enabling HPET was crucial in order to get a successful and stable build. So I got used to enable HPET. In fact, I haven't had any issues with this option enabled.

But maybe with the new Z77 chipsets and specially with UEFI BIOS enabling HPET is not needed anymore... I would be very happy if any motherboard guru out there could clarify this question.

By the way, I would leave it enabled. It works on all my builds.

Hope it helps and thanks a lot!

Hey i have the same build as you and when I first press the power button everything is okay (fans spin mobo power button shines red) then the mobo led thing flashes random numbers and letters and now is showing AE or is it RE? in red and I cant access the bios.. i have it plugged in via hdmi to a tv... i hit delete on the keyboard as i boot up to access bios but cant get it to go to the bios to set it up if any one knows please help!

Hey i have the same build as you and when I first press the power button everything is okay (fans spin mobo power button shines red) then the mobo led thing flashes random numbers and letters and now is showing AE or is it RE? in red and I cant access the bios.. i have it plugged in via hdmi to a tv... i hit delete on the keyboard as i boot up to access bios but cant get it to go to the bios to set it up if any one knows please help!

so my mobo says AE and gives me reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. ive tried both hard drives alone and together to no avail. both hardrives boot up though (the ssd has a light and my storage drive spins)

I have no clue how i can get past this screen and get into the bios anyone please help

so i booted holding f12 and my drives showed up but i went into setup and set up my bios but in the sata connectors where you choose a hot plug drive or whatever neither of my drives showed up which is so weird.. but either way i was able to continue and boot from my unibeast usb and its installing but hopefully ill be able to boot into it okay and not get that message again

I really apologize for bombarding your post with my problems i ended up being able to get past that screen and install osx but two things.. my audio doesnt work no matter what jack i plug it in to. I followed exactly what you have in multibeast. And also my ssd with osx installed is recognized as a removable hardrive.
I am not sure how to figure out how to get audio working

so my mobo says AE and gives me reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. ive tried both hard drives alone and together to no avail. both hardrives boot up though (the ssd has a light and my storage drive spins)

I have no clue how i can get past this screen and get into the bios anyone please help

so i booted holding f12 and my drives showed up but i went into setup and set up my bios but in the sata connectors where you choose a hot plug drive or whatever neither of my drives showed up which is so weird.. but either way i was able to continue and boot from my unibeast usb and its installing but hopefully ill be able to boot into it okay and not get that message again

I really apologize for bombarding your post with my problems i ended up being able to get past that screen and install osx but two things.. my audio doesnt work no matter what jack i plug it in to. I followed exactly what you have in multibeast. And also my ssd with osx installed is recognized as a removable hardrive.
I am not sure how to figure out how to get audio working

Hi !

I am sorry to tell you that I've never had any of the problems you mention, so I can't help you. Please remember that building a hackintosh is not an easy and/or straightforward task. You'll need to read a lot of posts in order to figure out every single problem.

Now I remember Tonymac mentioning as one of the requirements "...patience and humility...". Believe me, you'll need these two things because sometimes there is something obvious you are missing out and reading posts give you a clue about what to do next.

I would recommend looking for posts with similar setups and problems, since I have never had the problems you describe.

Good luck !

I am in the process of build my first hackintosh, I have a list of components, in which I have to decide only if I use Gigabyte UP5 UD5H or TH, initially I thought the UD5H, although some comments have made me take in count, which has Thunderbolt ports, but in my case I do not need at this time, for that reason most likely use UD5H.
The Hackintosh I need to with Logic Audio and Pro Tools, the graphics card, would use the HD 4000, is as simple as discussed with the new Gigabyte boards and tools Tonymac?, I said, because I have the possibility to build with Asus Sabertooth also Z77 chipset and UEFI BIOS, and does not intend to devote more time is to solve problems, to work with the Hackintosh.

I am in the process of build my first hackintosh, I have a list of components, in which I have to decide only if I use Gigabyte UP5 UD5H or TH, initially I thought the UD5H, although some comments have made me take in count, which has Thunderbolt ports, but in my case I do not need at this time, for that reason most likely use UD5H.
The Hackintosh I need to with Logic Audio and Pro Tools, the graphics card, would use the HD 4000, is as simple as discussed with the new Gigabyte boards and tools Tonymac?, I said, because I have the possibility to build with Asus Sabertooth also Z77 chipset and UEFI BIOS, and does not intend to devote more time is to solve problems, to work with the Hackintosh.

Hi !

If you don't need Thunderbolt... why spending the extra money ?

Regarding the HD4000, there are plenty of posts explaining how to configure it, so you should have no problem with it. Sorry but I can't help on that since I don't use the HD4000.

I've never used an Asus Sabertooth to build a hackintosh, so you would have to ask people with that mobo to be sure about it. I've just used Gigabyte mobos and I've had the usual problems with hackintoshes. You'll have to spend some time if you want a trouble-free hackintosh, so be warned... If you don't want to devote time to solve problems... buy an original Mac !

Hope it helps !

Thanks Ultrazone,
I did read about your build, and your use the hackintosh with audio, and is helpful for me, not only the hackintosh build, but also if the hackintosh was build to work with the same software applications.

A lot of people recommended motherboard with Thunderbolt ports, probably is the most advanced motherboard to build a hackintosh, but when decided to build a hackintosh and not to buy a Mac original, you must have in account, the future possibility to upgrade the hackintosh components.

At this moment, the THunderbolt, is newer port, and not enough hardware as sound cards or another devices, give the option, is good to connect multiples displays, and in the future ensure the thunderbolt option if any devices you need, offers this connectivity. Probably, is a the best option, and this ensures that your hackintosh, should work, but you must think about if the extra price is justify at this moment.

It's true the best mode to work from the first time without must to solve issues, is buy an original Mac, but I think, is more powerful a Hackintosh, than a current Mac.

Thanks, te lo agradezco Ultrazone.

wow, I didn't even look at this post before purchasing my equipment and you literally have all the same hardware I just bought for my new PC, all the way to the CPU cooler. Bookmarking this build, thanks for the info.

Hej Ultrazone,
My son is making "music" and is happy.
We haven't overclocked yet and all projects are being processed better than his macbook pro.

However, did y have problems with having the system power down?
He has to take the mains power before the system powers down.

I read somewhere about NullCPUPowerManagment in connection with this small problem but cannot see it at the moment when reading yr build notes

br Owen

Edit: I scanned some more build descriptions, and none is using NullCPUPowerManagment, so if one has this problem, the advice is from Ultrazones reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back