Contribute
Register

ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - Gigabyte GTX 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Ultrazone,

I am building the same system as you with the exact same components already on their way with the exception of the video card i ordered the i7 3770k and the GA-Z77xUD5H board and 32GB of Gskill ddr31600 ram. I am curious what did you use for the DSDT file as I could not find one for the Z77 chipset on the site here. This will be my very first Hackintosh build and I have a good grasp on the basics from doing lots of research, but I cant seem to find anything higher than a Z68 DSDT file. Any help on what you used for your similar build would be much appreciated, Thank you!

It doesn't require a DSDT, unless you want HDMI audio. A lot (all?) of the Gigabyte 77 boards don't require DSDT, thats why they are on the recommended buyers guide, easier to install.

Great post.
Will be using yr overclocking (except for memory details) for my son's build.

Awesome thanks for the help guys!

In the link to improving audio performance, http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/en415619, it states to disable HPET (High Precision Event Timer) but the screen shot seems to indicate you have it enabled. http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...-ram-gigabyte-gtx-650-20-power-management.jpg

Do you have it enabled or disabled?

Good point oxo !

I saw that note about HPET in the link, but this option was mandatory for hackintoshes some time ago, so I left it enabled. Concretely, for Z68 boards running Snow Leopard, enabling HPET was crucial in order to get a successful and stable build. So I got used to enable HPET. In fact, I haven't had any issues with this option enabled.

But maybe with the new Z77 chipsets and specially with UEFI BIOS enabling HPET is not needed anymore... I would be very happy if any motherboard guru out there could clarify this question.

By the way, I would leave it enabled. It works on all my builds.

Hope it helps and thanks a lot!

:)
My son's build will follow yours: I watch yr build as y are really using it professionally, and my son needs a build that keeps running especially when he has to perform live

Congratulations on your built!

I am thinking of building the exact same built and use Logic 9 and a focusrite saffire liquid 56

Does anyone have an idea about the stability of the system

Thank you

:)
My son's build will follow yours: I watch yr build as y are really using it professionally, and my son needs a build that keeps running especially when he has to perform live

Glad to hear that... Have a look at these recommendations from another pro audio user... I'm sure you'll find very interesting info:

DAW Tips & Tricks: Optimizing Your CustoMac Audio Workstation

By the way, maybe you'd like to listen to some of my music composed and produced using two hackintoshes (Z77 build + Z68 build in my signature): Joaquín Agüera - Espejo del mar

Hope you enjoy it ! Cheers !

Congratulations on your built!

I am thinking of building the exact same built and use Logic 9 and a focusrite saffire liquid 56

Does anyone have an idea about the stability of the system

Thank you

Thanks !

First I would check in this thread if your card appears and if there's any report about its performance in hackintoshes. Most Firewire and USB audio cards work by using manufacturer's official drivers.

If your card uses Firewire, I would double-triple-check that your Firewire chipset is compatible with both your audio card and OSX itself. For more info, have a look at the OP.

Hope it helps ! Cheers from Spain !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back