Contribute
Register

ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - Gigabyte GTX 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey stork! i saw you were online so i figured id shoot a question your way-im ordering basically ultrazones exact setup. (mobo cpu graphics) Im looking to be on bios f14 because i heard betas were a bad idea.. Im not running protools or any crazy programs like that but do want to overclock to the same 4.4 ghz. Even though im on f14 and not f15 beta can i still copy his exact bios/multibeast settings? thanks!

If I'm on bios f14 can i copy your bios settings completely? I hope so cause that would help me out so much since I dont know much about bios. Thank you :)

Hi !

Just have a look at my screen captures and apply the same settings on BIOS version F14. You'll find almost the same options in BIOS F14, so there should be no problem.

Since I am using Pro Tools there are a number of choices that I disabled in order to run this app trouble-free. These choices are the last four options in the screen "Advanced CPU Core Features", and you can enable them if you like/want/need.

Hope it helps !

+1 Ultrazone!

Hi !

Just have a look at my screen captures and apply the same settings on BIOS version F14. You'll find almost the same options in BIOS F14, so there should be no problem.

Since I am using Pro Tools there are a number of choices that I disabled in order to run this app trouble-free. These choices are the last four options in the screen "Advanced CPU Core Features", and you can enable them if you like/want/need.

Hope it helps !

I appreciate it, thanks so much. And one more dumb question.. this setup should work with dual 23' older dvi apple cinema displays right? I sadly purchased a thunderbolt display and realized it wont work with any setup.. Let me know!

This setup should work with dual 23' older dvi apple cinema displays right? I sadly purchased a thunderbolt display and realized it wont work with any setup.. Let me know!

I am currently using both DVI outputs plus the HDMI output of my Gigabyte GTX 650 to feed a total of three displays. These displays are two Viewsonic and an Asus. The full details about VGA, displays and configuration are in the OP.

I've never used Apple cinema displays, but I believe they will work, since the DVI is a standard connector independent from brand and/or maker (please, any official confirmation ?).

Keep us informed ! Cheers !

yeah since i had issues with the thunderbolt display i hope the cinema displays will work.. I wonder if theyre regular dvi or a special apple version Im going to create a new post about it.. thank you

I am currently using both DVI outputs plus the HDMI output of my Gigabyte GTX 650 to feed a total of three displays. These displays are two Viewsonic and an Asus. The full details about VGA, displays and configuration are in the OP.

I've never used Apple cinema displays, but I believe they will work, since the DVI is a standard connector independent from brand and/or maker (please, any official confirmation ?).

Keep us informed ! Cheers !

Which way did you go about updating your bios? Did you q-flash it? And did you do that before everything like all the bios settings you put in? Thanks

Which way did you go about updating your bios? Did you q-flash it? And did you do that before everything like all the bios settings you put in? Thanks

Hi !

I use Q-Flash for updating BIOS (just press F8 in BIOS main screen). You will need a FAT32 thumb drive containing your BIOS file connected to any of the blue rear ports (in my system BIOS wouldn't recognize the thumb drive if I connect it to other USB port).

Then you have to update BIOS through Q-Flash normally. Once finished the system will shut down and reboot again. After this you have to get into BIOS again and load optimized defaults. Once you apply the optimized defaults you have to save and reboot again, and then again to BIOS in order to apply your (or my) settings.

I don't know if you've had any concrete problem, but I hope this instructions work for you.

Cheers !

Hi !

I use Q-Flash for updating BIOS (just press F8 in BIOS main screen). You will need a FAT32 thumb drive containing your BIOS file connected to any of the blue rear ports (in my system BIOS wouldn't recognize the thumb drive if I connect it to other USB port).

Then you have to update BIOS through Q-Flash normally. Once finished the system will shut down and reboot again. After this you have to get into BIOS again and load optimized defaults. Once you apply the optimized defaults you have to save and reboot again, and then again to BIOS in order to apply your (or my) settings.

I don't know if you've had any concrete problem, but I hope this instructions work for you.

Cheers !

Cool I appreciate it, and no i havent had any problems but im trying to prepare myself before all my parts arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back