Contribute
Register

ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - Gigabyte GTX 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 3 lists the defaults for the "User DSDT or DSDT-Free Installation."

That I didn't know.. thank you.

---

Taking another look at the original pictures, I just noticed the Rokit 5 monitors, I have the same ones plus the mating sub. :D Some days I wish I had bought the Rokit 8's instead though instead of the 5's and sub.

identical build except I have 16gb ram, however I can't get my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface to work on 10.8.4, know a fix?

identical build except I have 16gb ram, however I can't get my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface to work on 10.8.4, know a fix?

I've never used Focusrite interfaces, but if it's a FireWire one I would suggest avoiding the mobo's FireWire port. It only caused trouble to me when used with audio interfaces (both windows and hackintosh).

Hope it helps!

I have the Focusrite SaffirePro24 and it is using the internal FireWire - no problems at all. Same setup but with 16GB RAM...

I haven't done anything special other than using the regular drivers from MultiBeast 5.3.1 and updating to the latest Chimera (Chameleon Wizard).

Then make sure you have the latest Saffire Mix Control...

http://glui.me/?i=vx7wztovnqkig6c/2013-07-19_at_2.04_PM.png/

The DSDT file is not mandatory for a GA-Z77X-UD5H, although with its use you can fine tune some things and have a more vanilla experience. I started playing with MaciASL and its amazing repositories just for HDMI audio, but soon I discovered the USB3 stuff and the cosmetic improvements in System Profiler. So I went on with the subject and now my DSDT includes the following fixes:

• HDMI and ALC8xx audio.
  • SMBus fix.
  • Intel E1000 integrated network adapter fix.
  • AHCI/SATA fix for Z77 boards.
  • USB3.0 power management fix.
  • … and some other things I just can't remember right now.

I also played with the USB3 multiplex fix, but this one broke sleep, so I removed it from my DSDT.

I based my DSDT in BIOS version F14, so you'll have to use the same version. By the way, I'm not sure if BIOS settings should be exactly the same, so if you need them I could also send my actual (and working) BIOS settings to you.

Once I get to the studio I'll pick the files and send them.

Hope they work for you !

Hi,

I also would like to have HDMI audio on my hackintosh running 10.8.4 on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Rev 1.0.

I installed Mac OS X using Unibeast / Multibeast without DSDT.

If I do understand, HDMI audio is only possible with a DSDT install, that's it ?

Do I have to restart an install from the ground or can I simply put your DSDT file somewhere ?

Thanks for your help ?

OK,

I found the solution on the forum. It's easy :

1 - Download the DSDT (I used the one provided by ultrazone here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...2gb-ram-gigabyte-gtx-650-a-16.html#post597422)
2 - Extract and copy it to extra folder ;
3 - Delete HDAEnabler.kext if you see it in S/L/E ;
4 - run Multibeast with Audio > with DSDT >ALC898 and reboot ;

(5 - I also set GraphicsEnabler to "Yes" in the boot plist because my initial installation was made without DSDT, with GraphicsEnabler set to "No")

It works perfectly !

Regards

Nice post and very solid build.
I have pretty much the same settings but ran into a strange issue.
I use a maudio c400 and axiom 61. c400 is running on latest driver from avid. I use logic pro X and guitar rig 5. The problem I have is that the latency grows as my play time grows. I plug in my guitar and play, the first 10 -30 minutes I couldn't feel any latency at all, but as I play on I start feeling the latency and at the end I couldn't tolerate any more. So I find a trick that if I just touch the latency settings in logic pro/guitar rig, the latency will immediately go away, even I INCREASE the latency. That's really annoying for a guitarist who wants to solo for hours :headbang: :banghead:.
I think it may have something to do with the lame driver because of the transition from maudio to avid. Maybe you audio/system gurus can share some insight that will solve my issue easily :thumbup: . Thanks for your help.

Nice post and very solid build.
I have pretty much the same settings but ran into a strange issue.
I use a maudio c400 and axiom 61. c400 is running on latest driver from avid. I use logic pro X and guitar rig 5. The problem I have is that the latency grows as my play time grows. I plug in my guitar and play, the first 10 -30 minutes I couldn't feel any latency at all, but as I play on I start feeling the latency and at the end I couldn't tolerate any more. So I find a trick that if I just touch the latency settings in logic pro/guitar rig, the latency will immediately go away, even I INCREASE the latency. That's really annoying for a guitarist who wants to solo for hours :headbang: :banghead:.
I think it may have something to do with the lame driver because of the transition from maudio to avid. Maybe you audio/system gurus can share some insight that will solve my issue easily :thumbup: . Thanks for your help.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news to you, but AVID has sold off the m-audio line to the parent company who has AKAI & a few other note able names. So don't expect any updates from AVID any time soon. :banghead:

Have you tried to delete that Generic USB3 kext ?
You also have to delete xhcdump file located in (hidden) usr/local/bin.
Repair diskpermissions and rebuild cache.
Then use xHCI Mode = Smart Auto in bios.
Boot into Windows with the latest Chipset and USB3 drivers from Gigabyte with your USB3 devices attached.
Reboot to OS X
I'm almost sure that will solve your problem

Can someone tell me how to go about doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back