Contribute
Register

ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - Gigabyte GTX 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate to be the bearer of bad news to you, but AVID has sold off the m-audio line to the parent company who has AKAI & a few other note able names. So don't expect any updates from AVID any time soon. :banghead:

Sold again..
OK, my babyface's on the way and c400 is on ebay. :D

Sold again..
OK, my babyface's on the way and c400 is on ebay. :D

Great choice !

Although I haven't experienced problems with my "old" M-Audio interfaces (FW1814 and ProFire 610) I've recently updated to a MOTU 828mk3.

Cheers !

Originally Posted by arehep
Have you tried to delete that Generic USB3 kext ?
You also have to delete xhcdump file located in (hidden) usr/local/bin.
Repair diskpermissions and rebuild cache.
Then use xHCI Mode = Smart Auto in bios.
Boot into Windows with the latest Chipset and USB3 drivers from Gigabyte with your USB3 devices attached.
Reboot to OS X
I'm almost sure that will solve your problem

Can someone tell me how to go about doing this?

This procedure is related to USB3 problems. If you are experiencing problems with USB3 ports please post more details about your system, configuration and the problem itself so we can help you.

Cheers !

Great choice !

Although I haven't experienced problems with my "old" M-Audio interfaces (FW1814 and ProFire 610) I've recently updated to a MOTU 828mk3.

Cheers !

Thank you! And congratz on your new card :clap:
I thought about the exact MOTU card too, it's very nice but I have limited space...

Bump !!! 10.8.5 update is out !!!

I've just finished a clean install on my spare drive and the results are very good. I'm using DSDT edits by pjalm, customized SSDT to overclock at 4,7Ghz and AGPM with GT640M id for my GTX650. Here you have:

- P-states:

P-states.png

As you can see, six states ranging from 1,6Ghz to 4,7Ghz. Good enough for me... :headbang:

- GeekBench 2 score & temps:

GeekBench2.jpg GeekBench2 temps.jpg

CPU temps peak at 91º (this is the safe zone, isn't it?). This score is the highest I've seen in my machine.

- GeekBench 3 scores & temps:

GeekBench3.jpg GeekBench3 temps.jpg

GeekBench 3 seems to stress the machine a little more. The score is lower and peak temps are higher... o_O

- Unigine's Valley 1.0:

Valley.jpg

These are the GFX's temps during Valley's benchmark test. The score is around 1200 (1920x1080). Notice the change in frequencies, temps and fan speeds during the test.

To conclude, these are the best overall results I've achieved with my rig. Thanks for all the help throughout these months !

As always, feel free to ask/suggest... Cheers !

Hola que tal tio?

Love your build. I have a very similar one going. Did you make the Custom SSDT yourself? How did you do it?

Sorry, I'm a total n00b with overclocking.

Bump !!! 10.8.5 update is out !!!

I've just finished a clean install on my spare drive and the results are very good. I'm using DSDT edits by pjalm, customized SSDT to overclock at 4,7Ghz and AGPM with GT640M id for my GTX650. Here you have:

Hi, please show MultiBeast settings.

nosize, look at his original post for his MultiBeast settings.

nosize, look at his original post for his MultiBeast settings.

+1. My original settings should work with the current MultiBeast settings.

By the way, now I'm playing with the new Chimera 2.2 in order to enable both HD4000 and GTX650, since the Nvidia card works at a higher load if it's the only one driving the three displays (driving two monitors all the temps, voltages and frequencies drop down significantly). The only thing remaining with this aspect is HDMI audio over HD4000.

If you want more info about this topic write here or in the following threads:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general/109468-chimera-2-2-hd4000-platform-id-memory-settings-use-bios.html

Related to HDMI audio over HD4000 along with GTX650 HDMI audio: http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/110058-article-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera-post669364.html#post669364

Hope it helps !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back