Contribute
Register

ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - Gigabyte GTX 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWEET!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sorry I'm so late to the party. GREAT write-up with lots of detail... SUPER-helpful for sure!

Congrats on the Golden Build, mate!
--B

@ultrazone, did you have any issues getting the internal temperatures to show up? I've got a pretty similar build (GA-Z77X-UD5H, 3770K, GTX 770) but the only temps I'm getting in OS X are my harddrive temps. The CPU temp shows up in the BIOS, but iStat Pro doesn't seem to be collecting any other temp information.

Nevermind. I'm an idiot and forgot the FakeSMC Plugins.

ack - sorry - but I can get the h100 locally, so that will be my choice. Thanks :banghead:

Did you have issues mounting the H100 to the MB? the standoffs will not work with the included bracket. Thanks

Did you have issues mounting the H100 to the MB? the standoffs will not work with the included bracket. Thanks

In fact a friend mounted my H100 into the mobo. I was with him and the whole process took half an hour or so and I don't remember having any issue with the supplied parts. Maybe you should search the forum to see if anyone had similar issues.

Hope it helps and good luck !

Please pray for me... I unfortunately too late realized that my cooler is a Corsair H100i :banghead:
According to some posts it's not compatible with Mountain Lion and its firmware must be updated through Windows or emulated Windows... :|

Is there a chance of getting one of these GA-Z77X-UD5H install instructions updated with the newer version of Multibeast? All these installs I find are using a fairly old version, and half the options have changed or disappeared completely.

Please pray for me... I unfortunately too late realized that my cooler is a Corsair H100i :banghead:
According to some posts it's not compatible with Mountain Lion and its firmware must be updated through Windows or emulated Windows... :|

Well, I would try updating its firmware and checking if it works. It would be good to know that, so please keep us informed. Other users have had this problem with the H100i and this could be the solution.

Or maybe you can replace it with the H100, which works wonderfully. I've been using my 3770k at 4,5Ghz with the H100 at its lowest speed all along this year, and the temperature meters have never reached 70C (maybe during Geekbench tests, but that's normal). During that time I thought that in summer I'd probably have to speed up the H100 a little, but it hasn't been necessary at all: temps are almost the same, although the Spanish summer is being hot as always.

So definitely this H100 rocks. Maybe I increase my overclock to 4,7Ghz given these facts… With 4,7Ghz GeekBench score jumps over 17700 !!!

Good luck!

Is there a chance of getting one of these GA-Z77X-UD5H install instructions updated with the newer version of Multibeast? All these installs I find are using a fairly old version, and half the options have changed or disappeared completely.

Yes… I'm planning a fresh new install to update to 10.8.4 (now I'm on 10.8.3). When I get it done I'll take some new screenshots of the latest MultiBeast release in order to update the OP.

Cheers !

Awesome, thank you. I have pretty much the identical hardware, but have had a challenging time navigating the new options in Multibeast.. which ones are needed and which ones are not.

Ursadorable,
I recommend you use ultrazone's MultiBeast configuration. The only change you might make is not to check "1080p" if you don't have a monitor that has 1080p resolution. Everything else should work.

Additionally, you should read the MultiBeast Features document which comes with the MultiBeast zip file. Page 3 lists the defaults for the "User DSDT or DSDT-Free Installation."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back