Contribute
Register

[TOOL] VGTab: Control your Vega in macOS without flashing the vBios

I have an XFX Vega 64 but that should not matter much when it comes to a Reference Card. I do not notice any fan issues with my system and I am running 11.6. However, I use MacPro 7,1 SM because DRM works and you do not need WEG for multi monitors. So if you are using any form of iMac SM that could be why.

P.S. My wife has a MSI Vega 56 Air boost using SM iMac Pro 1,1 and she is not having any fan issues if she is not running 11.6 I will update her OS later tonight and see if it causes any issues to her fans.
hey, any chance your XFX runs 1247/1546/945? Maybe you could dump your bios and post the rom. I'll try it on asrock.

hey, any chance your XFX runs 1247/1546/945? Maybe you could dump your bios and post the rom. I'll try it on asrock.

Warning if you brick your card because you messed up swiping the bios that is on you....

However, to answer your question I have No idea what the XFX runs but you could check https://www.techpowerup.com for a bios. I put a Saphire Nitro bios on the MSI Vega 56 reference card In my wife's computer because she does not really do anything to heat up the card so that bios turns the fan off when it is below 50c.

Warning if you brick your card because you messed up swiping the bios that is on you....

However, to answer your question I have No idea what the XFX runs but you could check https://www.techpowerup.com for a bios. I put a Saphire Nitro bios on the MSI Vega 56 reference card In my wife's computer because she does not really do anything to heat up the card so that bios turns the fan off when it is below 50c.
do you have windows installed? gpu-z will give you both stock and boost clocks. either way, I found this on techpowerup that says the xfx has the same stock clocks as the asrock - 1546/945. my bigger challenge is getting amdflash flash to work. I tried the nitro+ and get an SSID mismatch error and it won't let me force the flash. anyway, if you can share your xfx I'm willing to give it a try.

oh, one other note, I have different bios on dip1 vs dip2. dip2 runs the fan correctly in macOS but is unstable, dip1 runs the fan incorrectly but is stable. if someone knows how to reprogram my dip2 ROM (attached) I'd be in good shape. I need the boost clock changed from 1630 to 1546.

Vega 64 Dip Right.gif

Attachments

• Vega 64 Dip Right.rom.zip
    135.3 KB · Views: 87
I do not have windows installed except in the windows only machine but that would be a lot of work to swap around. when I flashed the Vega 56 I did and I had to use some kind of force command and I seem to remember it only working with the switch in one direction.

Wish this was available for the Radeon VII.

Hello everybody... I spent hours trying to figure out how to reduce the power used by a Vega64 on a MacPro 5,1. I've tried every VGTab settings (and it seemed it changed nothing) ... basically I need to use this Vega64 but say, make it use only 2/3 of its power... I've checked the xls file with info but it's basically chinese to me (well, not everything, but enough ...).. thanks for any kind of help :)

Last edited:
Back