Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which SMBios do you guys use? It’s very important!

In my case it’s MacPro 6,1

Yup, I just added this important requirement in my reply above! But as far I know @rui.sousa.46 and @dj_adam21 run SMBIOS MacPro6,1...

Correct, guys?

Yup, I just added this important requirement in my reply above!
It is 6,1 and, 10.12.6. Maybe it's something faulty with the ports for unknown reason (doubt, since, as stated, they work at boot and bios).

I revised the bios settings, and they are correct (I even patched to the newest bios!)

Upon a review of what/when/why/how this thing happened I will post my findings :)

It is 6,1 and, 10.12.6. Maybe it's something faulty with the ports for unknown reason (doubt, since, as stated, they work at boot and bios).

I revised the bios settings, and they are correct (I even patched to the newest bios!)

Upon a review of what/when/why/how this thing happened I will post my findings :)

But you say that only one internal USB 3.0 Connector is not working... correct?

The other internal USB 3.0 Connector and all other external USB connectors seem to work just fine and as expected, if I properly understand and interpret your feedback...

Thus, I am quite positive in finding a solution for this totally minor likely yet remaining issue! Do you really use four USB 3.0 Front Panel Ports at present?????

You are too catastrophic in your reasoning @rui.sousa.46, instead of being happy and grateful that most of your USB2.0 and USB3.0 ports now apparently and suddenly work in a flawless manner, you are making a kind of drama about one out of two available internal USB 3.0 connectors! ;)

Last edited:
@rui.sousa.46 and @dj_adam21,

Problem identified. We forgot to implement and consider the second internal USB3.0 connector (at the bottom right of the mobo) in the XHC USB kext! Please use for now the second upper right internal USB3.0 connector (next to the RAM slots)! All other USB2.0 (internal, external) and external USB 3.0 connectors should just work flawless in addition.

I will distribute an updated ASUS X99-A II XHC USB Kext during the weekend, which will also consider the yet missing internal USB 3.0 connector...

Enjoy and have fun!

KGP

But you say that only one internal USB 3.0 Connector is not working... correct?

The other internal USB 3.0 Connector and all other external USB connectors seem to work just fine and as expected, if I properly understand and interpret your feedback...

Thus, I am quite positive in finding a solution for this totally minor likely yet remaining issue! Do you really use four USB 3.0 Front Panel Ports at present?????

You are too catastrophic in your reasoning @rui.sousa.46, instead of being happy and grateful that most of your USB2.0 and USB3.0 ports now apparently and suddenly work in a flawless manner, you are making a kind of drama about one out of two available internal USB 3.0 connectors! ;)

Sorry, not at all my intent to make the drama. It's been a stressful days, and so, anything that messes with my (kinda) process takes me off....

And sometimes (most times) my English is really bad, so, something I say can be wrongfully interpreted. Once again, terribly sorry.

So, to clarify, the bottom USB3 connector is the one that I was using, and as you confirmed, it was not implemented.
I also changed the USB2 connector to the right one (in attached image Blue dots correspond to "old" connection, Orange to "new" connection.)

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 12.26.55.png

Just a personal doubt: You stated all ports (besides one internal USB3 connection) worked, so, was I supposed to be able to use USB2 without changing the internal USB2 connectors? Just asking, so I can learn something.

Sorry, not at all my intent to make the drama. It's been a stressful days, and so, anything that messes with my (kinda) process takes me off....

And sometimes (most times) my English is really bad, so, something I say can be wrongfully interpreted. Once again, terribly sorry.

So, to clarify, the bottom USB3 connector is the one that I was using, and as you confirmed, it was not implemented.
I also changed the USB2 connector to the right one (in attached image Blue dots correspond to "old" connection, Orange to "new" connection.)

View attachment 279471

Just a personal doubt: You stated all ports (besides one internal USB3 connection) worked, so, was I supposed to be able to use USB2 without changing the internal USB2 connectors? Just asking, so I can learn something.

No worries man! Just kidding... In any case, while I was focusing on the XHC USB Kext development for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, he was focusing on the XHC USB Kext development for the ASUS X99-A II. Following your extended report and appreciated tests, he will still have to implement the second internal USB2.0 connector (marked in blue in your figure) and as stated before also the second yet non functional internal USB3.0 connector (also marked in blue in your figure). Please use all internal USB connectors marked in red in the meanwhile. In any case, the XHC USB Kext revision can be done without major efforts, thus as soon both yet missing internal ports are implemented, I will hopefully be able to distribute a complete ASUS X99-A II XHC USB Kext during the weekend. ;)

This updated information also states for @dj_adam21 ...

Thanks for your patience and estimated feedback! :clap:

KGP

Last edited:
I confirm
a 2696 v4 roxxxx and fully stale

this is the same family so a Bro. EP so ALL E5- 26xx V4 work the same
I can send what I did for the ssdtPRGen
but it is fully recognized by ssdtPRGen

here it is the code is:

ssdtPRGen.sh -a CPU0

do not put any turbo or else
only that and after it roxxx

Capture d’écran 2017-09-19 à 23.37.02.png Capture d’écran 2017-09-20 à 00.03.21.png
However, I would not know anybody yet running a E5-2673 v4... in any case, did you try to follow my above advise???? User @GDS is successfully running the E5-2696 v4. He also might be of help. If the E5-2673 v4 is really not supported by ssdtPRGen, kindly ask Pike Alpha to implement the latter processor. He certainly will do!

Why your want to put off XCPM if it is anyway not working in your case? Until you successfully implement E5-2673 v4, your system will simply use the Apple Intel CPU Power Management.....

Last edited:
I think I understand that your saying is that after Sierra is installed an M.2 can be added; for a fresh install however I am pretty sure a M.2 will not work.
Are we in agreement on that?

M.2 User guide at the bottom of the MainGuide
Yes, for a fresh install at this time it will not work, but maybe this guide will find a solution in the future. This is what I understood. You can make a bootable device by cloning (much more steps than just cloning!)

M.2 User guide at the bottom of the MainGuide
Yes, for a fresh install at this time it will not work, but maybe this guide will find a solution in the future. This is what I understood. You can make a bootable device by cloning (much more steps than just cloning!)

The future is macOS High Sierra 10.13... There, M.2 drives are natively implemented! No need for a workaround anymore! With macOS High Sierra 10.13, it is also possible to directly perform a macOS Clean Install onto a M.2 drive.

macOS Sierra 10.12 now is facing it's last days of glory ;)

I confirm
a 2696 v4 roxxxx and fully stale

this is the same family so a Bro. EP so ALL E5- 26xx V4 work the same
I can send what I did for the ssdtPRGen
but it is fully recognized by ssdtPRGen

here it is the code is:

ssdtPRGen.sh -a CPU0

do not put any turbo or else
only that and after it roxxx

View attachment 279490 View attachment 279491

Was your 2696 unsupported? After I drag the ssdtPRGen.sh into terminal I copy and paste this:

ssdtPRGen.sh -a CPU0

or just: -a CPU0

Appreciate your info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back