Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you strictly follow my guide step by step, XCPM must work! Please do not mix with other guides or other information!
I do not use xcpm_bootstrap either..

Thanks,

KGP
Thanks KGP.
I've been following it very precisely :) As I said, I had to add VoodooTSCSync.kext to get it booting without cpus=1.
But you have that kext added in your Sleep/Wake section, so I guess it doesn't affect the activation of XCPM, though VoodooTSCSync.kext is added before the XCPM section?

Does your guide only work with system ID Mac Pro 6,1?
I read from someone that they had a better experience with the x99-E WS and the frequency vector from iMac17,1 (i7 version, Mac-65CE76090165799A), so in my desperation I thought of trying that... but you might already know that doesn't work?

Still a lot of things I don't know, so I'm learning and understanding new things as I go. Thanks for you patience. It's really appreciated!!

Thanks KGP.
I've been following it very precisely :) As I said, I had to add VoodooTSCSync.kext to get it booting without cpus=1.
But you have that kext added in your Sleep/Wake section, so I guess it doesn't affect the activation of XCPM, though VoodooTSCSync.kext is added before the XCPM section?

Does your guide only work with system ID Mac Pro 6,1?
I read from someone that they had a better experience with the x99-E WS and the frequency vector from iMac17,1 (i7 version, Mac-65CE76090165799A), so in my desperation I thought of trying that... but you might already know that doesn't work?

Still a lot of things I don't know, so I'm learning and understanding new things as I go. Thanks for you patience. It's really appreciated!!

The Mac Pro 6,1 system definition is absolutely mandatory for XCPM, although concerning frequency vectors you can also copy the iMac17,1 frequency vector to your Mac Pro 6,1 Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist! The use of the iMac17,1 frequency vector does not depend on the system definition!!! A Mac Pro 6,1 system definition is also strongly recommended for the rest of my guide!

Cheers,

KGP

The Mac Pro 6,1 system definition is absolutely mandatory for XCPM, although concerning frequency vectors you can also copy the iMac17,1 frequency vector to your Mac Pro 6,1 Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist! The use of the iMac17,1 frequency vector does not depend on the system definition!!! A Mac Pro 6,1 system definition is also strongly recommended for the rest of my guide!

Cheers,

KGP
Okay, thanks. I've started installing from scratch with the experiences I got from my last try, only adding VoodooTSCSync.kext.
I "hope" that I did something wrong last time, so this time when I reach the XCPM part I'll have succes.

With that VoodooTSCSync.kext added on the USB installer, I don't even need cpus=1 when installing :)

Thanks again

Okay, thanks. I've started installing from scratch with the experiences I got from my last try, only adding VoodooTSCSync.kext.
I "hope" that I did something wrong last time, so this time when I reach the XCPM part I'll have succes.

With that VoodooTSCSync.kext added on the USB installer, I don't even need cpus=1 when installing :)

Thanks again

VoodooTSCSync.kext is not required for the basic installation. As long you choose cpus=1 exclusively for the installation, I do not see an problem. You run into problems if you also need cpus=1 to boot your system after installation. However this should not be the case, even in the absence of VoodooTSCSync.kext.

Cheers,

KGP

VoodooTSCSync.kext is not required for the basic installation. As long you choose cpus=1 exclusively for the installation, I do not see an problem. You run into problems if you also need cpus=1 to boot your system after installation. However this should not be the case, even in the absence of VoodooTSCSync.kext.

Cheers,

KGP
Hm. Well then I do have a problem. I haven't been able to get it booting without cpus=1, even after install :/
I thought I was stupid, but I've already tried 5 times, so I'm confident that I followed your guide exactly.

I've attached a pic where it gets stuck when booting the install without cpus=1. But it probably doesn't say much.

Thanks

Attachments

• Fil_000.jpeg
    Fil_000.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
Hm. Well then I do have a problem. I haven't been able to get it booting without cpus=1, even after install :/
I thought I was stupid, but I've already tried 5 times, so I'm confident that I followed your guide exactly.

I've attached a pic where it gets stuck when booting the install without cpus=1. But it probably doesn't say much.

Thanks

I do not know what exactly is causing your problem. If VoodooTSCSync.kext is the solution, it shall be fine with me.

Hi Kgp. My Hack has been running great on 10.12.4 until my update to 10.12.5 on the Samsung EVO 960 M.2 SSD drive. Basically I made a mess of it late one night by incorrectly installing the wrong HackrNVMefamily-10.12.5 kext and not being able to activate the AGDPfix. The result was a corruption of my M.2 Drive and Clover Boot manager hasn't been able to boot it with boot flag nv_disable=1 nor in safe mode. Nor could I successfully boot the M.2 Drive from my USB Clover installer.

I have a re-built 10.12.5 from scratch onto another SSD drive for completing a work job I was in the middle of, hoping to access the M.2 drive and then try to edit the config file from there but I am not able to get the M.2 drive showing in OS Sierra at all.

Here's my current steps
1. The EVO 960 M.2 Drive shows up still in Bios as a boot option.
2. It still shows up in my Windows partition with Sumsung Magician and the firmware is current.
3. It still shows up in my Clover Boot Manager also but hangs in the same place whether with the USB Clover installer or not (see attached screenshot in verbose mode)
4. in my new SSD system disk I believe I've correctly patched all your recommended hacks to make the M.2 Drive visible
a. untouched IONVMeFamily.kext file in S/L/E on system's partition
b. Patch-NVME has been downloaded and HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext correctly patched to EFI/Clover/Kexts/12.5
c. maciASL has been correctly patched with the correct NVME bios address and the nvme-patch.aml has been patched also to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

After a few complete shutdowns and reboots still there is no sign of the M.2 Drive in OS Sierra/ Utilities or Finder or System report.

The point also is that I had it accessed and working by OS Sierra 10.12.4 originally so somehow my incorrect tampering with the NVME patching has corrupted the EFI partition.

Any ideas about how I could try to edit the config file or other bootflags or if its the only way then get it read by OS Disk utility to reformat it and start again?

Appreciate any pointers.

Attachments

• 20170704_233231.jpg
    20170704_233231.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
Appreciate any pointers.
Each time that you update Clover a copy of your /EFI folder is saved to /EFI-Backups on your system drive.
If as you suspect the /EFI partition is corrupt and assuming you have an earlier copy in /EFI-Backups you could replace the bad one.

Each time that you update Clover a copy of your /EFI folder is saved to /EFI-Backups on your system drive.
If as you suspect the /EFI partition is corrupt and assuming you have an earlier copy in /EFI-Backups you could replace the bad one.

Exactly, thanks @P1LGRIM ! @Raddles, you can also try to boot with the former HackrNVMefamily-10.12.4.kext which should also work under 10.12.5. In fact I realized that it is not deemed necessary to update the HackrNVMefamily***.kext each time you update the system. Only for those who install and generate the HackrNVMefamily***.kext for the first time, it is necessary to use the most actual script inline with the most actual system version.

Thanks PILGRIM and KGP for your suggestions. Only problem now is how to access the M.2 EFI partition to edit it if I cant access it from my other working OS Sierra disk nor from a USB clover boot disk as mentioned already. Is there a back door way through the clover boot screen? Saw a way of doing it in windows through Macdisk but currently my windows disk has been corrupted :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back