Contribute
Register

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

Which version of macOS are you running?

Post a copy of your current EFI folder so we see exactly what you are using to boot your system. Whether you are using a USB pen drive or the installed macOS drive we need to see a current copy.

Remember to delete/redact your Serial Number from the config.plist before you post a copy here.

You need to mount the EFI partition on your USB pen drive or macOS drive in order to copy your EFI folder. Hackintool > Disks tab can do this if you select the 'down arrow' icon beside the name of your drive.

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 23.10.44.png Hackintool > Disks tab - mount EFI partition icon highlighted.

Hmmm... I will try to do what you wrote tomorrow and I will definitely let you know, it will be really funny if the patch did not work

You motherboard is not unusual. A Z390 is a very commonly used chipst with plenty of builds on here using it. There should be no massive problems.

By the way, you do not need any laptop kexts - SMCLightSensor.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext. Remove them (why are they there?)

Which version of macOS are you running?

Post a copy of your current EFI folder so we see exactly what you are using to boot your system. Whether you are using a USB pen drive or the installed macOS drive we need to see a current copy.

Remember to delete/redact your Serial Number from the config.plist before you post a copy here.

You need to mount the EFI partition on your USB pen drive or macOS drive in order to copy your EFI folder. Hackintool > Disks tab can do this if you select the 'down arrow' icon beside the name of your drive.

View attachment 570198 Hackintool > Disks tab - mount EFI partition icon highlighted.
I already posted today: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...to-usb-port-configuration.286553/post-2378227

You motherboard is not unusual. A Z390 is a very commonly used chipst with plenty of builds on here using it. There should be no massive problems.

By the way, you do not need any laptop kexts - SMCLightSensor.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext. Remove them (why are they there?)

I read somewhere that these kexts are needed in order to correctly interpret the temperature and fan speed, now i will know that this is complete garbage, I will delete it

I read somewhere that these kexts are needed in order to correctly interpret the temperature and fan speed, now i will know that this is complete garbage, I will delete it

The other two SMC*.kexts will be needed. :thumbup:

The other two SMC*.kexts will be needed. :thumbup:
The question is a little off topic, but I need to press f11 in clover menu to reset NVRAM whenever I make changes to my kexts or config file, right?

The question is a little off topic, but I need to press f11 in clover menu to reset NVRAM whenever I make changes to my kexts or config file, right?
yes, when you make any changes to your EFI or BIOS

Such as using the correct SMBIOS! Are you using iMac14,2 or a similar 2013 system definition? With your Coffee Lake system you should be using iMac19,1.

Such as using the correct SMBIOS! Are you using iMac14,2 or a similar 2013 system definition? With your Coffee Lake system you should be using iMac19,1.
What I should? do something in clover configurator?

Last edited:
Back