Contribute
Register

The difference between patching and injecting kexts.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup - as you can see - theres two ports in number different between the green hackintool non internal ports and the real ports on the case.(not including the pcie card) looks like HP11 and 12 are the two usb3 front panel ports although hackintool doesn't register anything inserted. I cant identify the rear usb3 ones . Ive uploaded the original DSDT and SSDT in case it helps - This DSDT is a rampage dev one which the originator must have sourced. Could it explain why some cards aren't visible . This dsdt file shows up as a slot in PCI on system profiler .....can a system boot without a dsdt?

Okay, thank you.

I've checked the *.aml files.

At this point any further suggestions would be 'experimental' and you might not wish to risk a working system etc.

The mixture of Fresco chipsets along with a PCIe card means a lot of your USB ports are 3rd Party ones sitting alongside the main Intel. This makes configuration problematic. I would guess your BlueTooth header is actually on one of those 3rd Party ports. Could be wrong. It's difficult to tell from here.

Ideally you should build your own EFI from scratch, get everything spot on and create a proper USB SSDT, but I understand you might be reluctant to do this because you were given a working Sierra EFI folder.

this efi was a bootable one used in someone elses set up with the same motherboard and similar i7 processor. Not my working Sierra one. I tried for weeks to build a new EFI that booted but couldn't do it, so I resorted to this one. I tried a fair few and this was the only one that booted the system. As long as I back things up it doesnt seem to be too big a deal to experiment. Hackintool makes it easy to create an SSDT, however its not easy to sort USB3 without them showing as connected. The irony is apart from the pcie card - all USB , both 2 and 3 is working....

this efi was a bootable one used in someone elses set up with the same motherboard and similar i7 processor. Not my working Sierra one. I tried for weeks to build a new EFI that booted but couldn't do it, so I resorted to this one. I tried a fair few and this was the only one that booted the system. As long as I back things up it doesnt seem to be too big a deal to experiment. Hackintool makes it easy to create an SSDT, however its not easy to sort USB3 without them showing as connected. The irony is apart from the pcie card - all USB , both 2 and 3 is working....

Well a simple EFI check would be to create a UniBeast installer, say High Sierra or Mojave, and then see if that boots Clover. If the Clover drive menu comes up, select "External" which is the USB flash-drive, and then see if the installer loads. You don't need to go any further or install anything. You can cancel and exit out, but at least that will indicate if any serious work is needed to make your hardware compatible. The UniBeast EFI folder itself is a pretty great starting-point for any build.

If the first attempt fails try with a "-x" Safe Mode option (Spacebar at Clover menu). This might help bypass any tricky GPU stuff.

Hi Utter - I'll try that - just one question - when creating this is my choice UEFI or Legacy for my board?

Tried legacy High Sierra, which I think is right , get to the progress bar at best and it restarts - tried with/without nvidia - safe mode too - tried without additional flags - Its like going back to where I was a few weeks ago when I decided to source the EFI base we were using as it booted . I subsequently made adjustments to it - If I do verbose mode it runs through at lightning speed then turns off and reboots.......

Last edited:
Hi Utter - I'll try that - just one question - when creating this is my choice UEFI or Legacy for my board?

Tried legacy High Sierra, which I think is right , get to the progress bar at best and it restarts - tried with/without nvidia - safe mode too - tried without additional flags - Its like going back to where I was a few weeks ago when I decided to source the EFI base we were using as it booted . I subsequently made adjustments to it - If I do verbose mode it runs through at lightning speed then turns off and reboots.......

Checking your motherboard manual ...
Manual.jpg

I would go UEFI. I am assuming the MB is standard etc.

Checking your motherboard manual ...
View attachment 397373

I would go UEFI. I am assuming the MB is standard etc.

Hi @UtterDisbelief - Tried UEFI - still getting stuck in same place - tried loads of boot flag options -f -x nvidia enable/disable/True/False - -s . Added lilu and whateverGreen kexts to usb kexts to see if that helped. My previous EFI as you know booted. I know it was cheating a bit but previously I built a basic high sierra user then added the EFI after, then once booted - added the Nvidia drivers via Benjamins terminal script. Are you able to tell what made that config boot? - Im enclosing them both as Ive been at it now for 9 hours and Im starting to resemble Einstein........the dog that is, not the renowned scientist..... i would happily cough up cash to get this done if it was allowed....

Attachments

• config new usb unibeast.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 67
  • config that boots High sierra .plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 39
Hi @UtterDisbelief - Tried UEFI - still getting stuck in same place - tried loads of boot flag options -f -x nvidia enable/disable/True/False - -s . Added lilu and whateverGreen kexts to usb kexts to see if that helped. My previous EFI as you know booted. I know it was cheating a bit but previously I built a basic high sierra user then added the EFI after, then once booted - added the Nvidia drivers via Benjamins terminal script. Are you able to tell what made that config boot? - Im enclosing them both as Ive been at it now for 9 hours and Im starting to resemble Einstein........the dog that is, not the renowned scientist..... i would happily cough up cash to get this done if it was allowed....

Please be aware that mentioning paying for services will get your account suspended pretty quickly. Check the Rules tab above.

There is quite a size difference between those two configs. Must be a lot of extra code in there. If you created UEFI UniBeast installer did that boot, or was there a black screen? Did you get a progress bar?

my apologies....I would not want that....

no - it didnt as I mentioned in my last post - all roads stop at the progress bar wether I instigate nvidia drivers or not ......the existing efi gets past that and boots -

my apologies....I would not want that....

no - it didnt as I mentioned in my last post - all roads stop at the progress bar wether I instigate nvidia drivers or not ......the existing efi gets past that and boots -

So you get the Clover menu and try booting your main drive? That's where it sticks? If so boot in "-v" verbose mode and take a picture so we can see where it halts. Remember "-x" Safe Mode is also your friend if needed. :thumbup:

Hi - tried safe mode as I mentioned - Ive only tried to boot the external USB install drive made with unibeast as you told me to - shall I try to boot my current high sierra that we were working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back