Contribute
Register

The difference between patching and injecting kexts.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres what Ive found out. The original USB pcie card has USB from the Apple monitors in addition to the Minidisplay ports on the Graphics card. It needs both to work. Plugged back my original USB card and plugged in the usb and the monitors are receiving power from USB and graphics are sorted again. . This must mean the original card is partially working. Is there anything that can be done to get it fully functional?....

HI Utter - I do have a bluetooth adapter - its plugged into the MB - in F_USB1 internal slot - a Broadcom

Okay.

It's likely you need to specifically configure the motherboard header that is feeding the BlueTooth adapter to prevent polling from waking your PC on sleep. Using the SSDT build-guides you specify - "UsbConnector",255, - for the port which should do the trick :thumbup:

If you have done this already, then it's clearly something else that needs more exploring.

:)

Okay.

It's likely you need to specifically configure the motherboard header that is feeding the BlueTooth adapter to prevent polling from waking your PC on sleep. Using the SSDT build-guides you specify - "UsbConnector",255, - for the port which should do the trick :thumbup:

If you have done this already, then it's clearly something else that needs more exploring.

:)
Hi Utter - when you say the SSDT build guides - do you mean a guide from this site? - Im pretty sure its not done as this build is based on an EFI from another member who had the same board....

Have you seen my subsequent post re the USB card getting power?

HI @UtterDisbelief - ok Ive gone through a combination of IO Reg , hackintool for the USB 2 as its not showing USB3 . These Are my findings .
HP 14 - Front case 1 USB2 APPLEUSBHCI

HP13 Front case 2 USB2 APPLEUSBHCI

HP26 REAR USB2 Port 1 APPLEUSBEHCI row 1 0x06

HP25 REAR PORT 2 APPLEUSBEHCI row 1 0x05

HP23 REAR PORT 3 APPLEUSBEHCI ROw2 0x03

HP24 REAR PORT 4 APPLEUSBEHCI row2 0x04

HP21 REAR PORT 5 APPLEUSBEHCI row3 0x01

HP22 REAR PORT 6 APPLEUSBEHCI row 3 0x02

HP17 REAR PORT BOT ROW 7 0x07 USBEHCI

USB3 FRONT PORT 1 APPLE USBXHCI

USB3 FRONT PORT 2 APPLE USBXHCI

REAR PORT USB3. PORT 1 USBXHCI

REAR PORT USB3. PORT 2 USBXHCI

BRCM2072 HUB BLUTOOTH USB CONTROLLER HP11 0x01 internal

Some additional ports that must be internal are in green in Hackintool so I've enclosed it -

Do I need more info than this? In IO Reg I can't see the usb pcie card - so odd its supplying power

I have noticed in clover config there is a mention of a pre existing SSDT in acpi settings - im enclosing it - as I got this from another member could it be conflicting?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 43
  • hackintool usb excluding usb3.png
    hackintool usb excluding usb3.png
    369.7 KB · Views: 44
  • David’s iMac3.ioreg
    12.5 MB · Views: 37
HI @UtterDisbelief - ok Ive gone through a combination of IO Reg , hackintool for the USB 2 as its not showing USB3 . These Are my findings .
HP 14 - Front case 1 USB2 APPLEUSBHCI

HP13 Front case 2 USB2 APPLEUSBHCI

HP26 REAR USB2 Port 1 APPLEUSBEHCI row 1 0x06

HP25 REAR PORT 2 APPLEUSBEHCI row 1 0x05

HP23 REAR PORT 3 APPLEUSBEHCI ROw2 0x03

HP24 REAR PORT 4 APPLEUSBEHCI row2 0x04

HP21 REAR PORT 5 APPLEUSBEHCI row3 0x01

HP22 REAR PORT 6 APPLEUSBEHCI row 3 0x02

HP17 REAR PORT BOT ROW 7 0x07 USBEHCI

USB3 FRONT PORT 1 APPLE USBXHCI

USB3 FRONT PORT 2 APPLE USBXHCI

REAR PORT USB3. PORT 1 USBXHCI

REAR PORT USB3. PORT 2 USBXHCI

BRCM2072 HUB BLUTOOTH USB CONTROLLER HP11 0x01 internal

Some additional ports that must be internal are in green in Hackintool so I've enclosed it -

Do I need more info than this? In IO Reg I can't see the usb pcie card - so odd its supplying power

I have noticed in clover config there is a mention of a pre existing SSDT in acpi settings - im enclosing it - as I got this from another member could it be conflicting?

Hi there,

I haven't had time to analyse too deeply, but that port, second from the bottom, PRT1 BRCM20702 Hub, should be set as Internal rather than USB2 in the Connector column.

Just make that one change, nothing else, and see if it makes a difference to shutdown etc.

Hi - If I do that in Hackintool how will the system know?

Hi - If I do that in Hackintool how will the system know?

Is there anything in the - EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched - folder?

This is where any USB modification tables would be filed.

Hi - yes there is a DSDT file and an SSDT file. Heres what I did - I made that one change you suggested in hackintool then exported a ssdt file and replaced it with the one that was there backing that one up. I didnt create either original as it was part of the booting EFI folder I acquired. No change to shutdown issue. looking at the IO reg i posted further, I can Identify the HP numbers based on probability of the 2 front case USB3 ports. Not certain of the others. Everything in the current list is identified at usb2 or internal. so frustrating as Im two problems away from being sorted. Should I upload what was originally in the patched folder?

Hi - yes there is a DSDT file and an SSDT file. Heres what I did - I made that one change you suggested in hackintool then exported a ssdt file and replaced it with the one that was there backing that one up. I didnt create either original as it was part of the booting EFI folder I acquired. No change to shutdown issue. looking at the IO reg i posted further, I can Identify the HP numbers based on probability of the 2 front case USB3 ports. Not certain of the others. Everything in the current list is identified at usb2 or internal. so frustrating as Im two problems away from being sorted. Should I upload what was originally in the patched folder?

Did the second entry up from the bottom - PRT1 BRCM20702 Hub - show as Internal in the list when you re-loaded Hackintool after rebooting with your new SSDT?

yup - as you can see - theres two ports in number different between the green hackintool non internal ports and the real ports on the case.(not including the pcie card) looks like HP11 and 12 are the two usb3 front panel ports although hackintool doesn't register anything inserted. I cant identify the rear usb3 ones . Ive uploaded the original DSDT and SSDT in case it helps - This DSDT is a rampage dev one which the originator must have sourced. Could it explain why some cards aren't visible . This dsdt file shows up as a slot in PCI on system profiler .....can a system boot without a dsdt?

Attachments

• NEW SSDT.png
    NEW SSDT.png
    344.4 KB · Views: 33
  • ORIG DSDT SSDT.zip
    13 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back