Contribute
Register

The difference between patching and injecting kexts.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah I just tried both - no change......will try just shutdown...

ok tried just fix shutdown and it still came back - it refuses to die.....:) Ironic really - most people strive to get them going....mine won't shut up :).......

ok tried just fix shutdown and it still came back - it refuses to die.....:) Ironic really - most people strive to get them going....mine won't shut up :).......
could be a USB issue :)

hi @UtterDisbelief and @Feartech ......a new usb 3.0 pcie card is arriving today with a different chipset - with any luck this will sort usb out - vl805 and vl802 chipset....any more thoughts on the shutdown issue?

hi @UtterDisbelief and @Feartech ......a new usb 3.0 pcie card is arriving today with a different chipset - with any luck this will sort usb out - vl805 and vl802 chipset....any more thoughts on the shutdown issue?

1) If the USB card doesn't work then perhaps consider choosing one from the Buyer's Guide here. They are ASMedia and Fresco based cards :thumbup: Support for 3rd Party USB does seem OS-version dependent these days.

2) If shut down is still not working properly - do you have a BlueTooth adapter, and if so where is it plugged-in?

1) If the USB card doesn't work then perhaps consider choosing one from the Buyer's Guide here. They are ASMedia and Fresco based cards :thumbup: Support for 3rd Party USB does seem OS-version dependent these days.

2) If shut down is still not working properly - do you have a BlueTooth adapter, and if so where is it plugged-in?
HI Utter - I do have a bluetooth adapter - its plugged into the MB - in F_USB1 internal slot - a Broadcom

Last edited:

ok - hit a weird problem - I tried the usb card above in another slot just to see if that made a difference. It didnt - so Ive removed the usb card completely. I run 3 Apple 30" monitors and one small hdmi monitor from the Nvidia Quadro K1200 card -and this has been the case throughout sierra and working ok in this high sierra build , However whilst the USb3 card was in the other pcie slot, all three Apple monitors stopped booting, and all that will boot is the hdmi monitor. Nvidia drivers are booting just before the OS as normal . The graphics card is still being seen by the OS and the hdmi monitor is running from it - but it can no longer detect the Apple Monitors - An Nvidia update was available which I ran but that didnt change things......cant understand this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back