Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Only used the ProperTree OC Snapshot feature to update it.
The only differences I can see are the two added UEFI drivers. Not sure how that would change the DP audio output.

Do you really need the NVMe driver when you have modded the BIOS for NVMe support ?

Screen Shot 12.jpg

The original EFI has just these two drivers.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

I've taken it out and can confirm that things are still the same. No audio via DP.
Unfortunately I have no 4K monitor with DP input and speakers to test further. I would start a new support thread in the Audio forum and do some more troubleshooting to see why there's no audio via DP.

Thanks @trs96 I've reset the bios and checked to make sure that things are configured as documented and no change.

So I am going to blow away my Monterey install and start with a fresh Big Sur setup. Let's see if that helps. Anyways, this is a very good outcome and build. I am super happy about it. I have a Xeon CPU coming so that I can test alternative CPU options.

Update: Installed a fresh copy of Big Sur and the problem remains. Will post a new thread in the audio forum.

Last edited:
I have a Xeon CPU coming so that I can test alternative CPU options.
The thing to know about Haswell Xeons. They do work but the ones with P4600 iGPU do not give you a reliable graphics output. Many glitches and problems unlike HD4600 you are now using. So a Xeon implies that you'd have to get a supported graphics card and not rely on the iGPU.

Good shout. Now that I have the native support I don't need it. I've taken it out and can confirm that things are still the same. No audio via DP.
Try this. It worked for me in Monterey:

DPaudio.png

According to OptiHack:

Secondly if you want to use audio over DisplayPort or HDMI you must change some flags to enable it. This can break hot-plugging of screens and cause a panic or crash when you do. It can also cause problems for dual screens. For more about that please check the Troubleshooting section.

To enable change the last block of digits with all zero's for both framebuffer-conX-alldata entries found at DeviceProperties -> Add -> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0).

I had to switch my RX 590 with an old GTX 1050Ti disabled in macOS (Adobe Fresco only works with Direct X 12.1) and use the integrated DisplayPort.

Currently I'm testing a iMac16,2 definition with my OptiMac. Every week a new Mac. :mrgreen:

Try this. It worked for me in Monterey:

View attachment 539551

According to OptiHack:

I had to switch my RX 590 with an old GTX 1050Ti disabled in macOS (Adobe Fresco only works with Direct X 12.1) and use the integrated DisplayPort.

Currently I'm testing a iMac16,2 definition with my OptiMac. Every week a new Mac. :mrgreen:
@kuty perfect. Worked right away. It does disable the second DP port but as I only have 1 screen, this is not an issue. The LG monitor shows up as a DP device and I am currently listening to Music as I type! Thank you!

Totally understand your point regarding a new Mac every week :geek:

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 11.44.20.png

It worked for me in Monterey
I wonder why HDMI audio works for me without making any changes to the Devices/Properties graphics section of the config.plist ? Let me know if you have any ideas.

perfect. Worked right away...
Nice. I didn't know the second DisplayPort is disabled with those settings. :lol:

I wonder why HDMI audio works for me without making any changes to the Devices/Properties graphics section of the config.plist ? Let me know if you have any ideas.
No idea! :rolleyes: Maybe it's something related to Monterey.

Two days ago I found out that my old Bluetooth 4.0 receiver from CSL didn't work in Monterey (it did on Big Sur). I just had to add the BlueToolFixup.kext in Kernel section in config.plist.

Back