Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

New post in "Deals of the Day" regarding DP to HDMI cables and adapters for your OptiMac.

Last edited:
Hi. I need a bit of help. After switch off the computer from the wall plug yesterday to save electricity, today when I turned it on unfortunately it stopped booting. (Rule #1 follow all steps FULLY.I should have replaced the onboard battery) There was a black screen that gave option to setup the time (I think) and I set it up but still neither Win10 nor Big Sur boots up. I am attaching the screen where it stops. Any help greatly appreciated.
IMG_20220325_194357.jpg

There was a black screen that gave option to setup the time (I think) and I set it up but still neither Win10 nor Big Sur boots up. I am attaching the screen where it stops. Any help greatly appreciated.
I would replace that CMOS battery first before anything else. Then...

Go into the BIOS and make all the necessary changes like UEFI booting, disable CSM etc.
Because you are on Big Sur that means you'll also need to unlock CFG and set DVMT pre-alloc to 64MB.

I would replace that CMOS battery first before anything else. Then...

Go into the BIOS and make all the necessary changes like UEFI booting, disable CSM etc.
Because you are on Big Sur that means you'll also need to unlock CFG and set DVMT pre-alloc to 64MB.
So I need to repeat all steps from scratch. That's a pain but my own fault. Thank you for your swift reply.

trs96 made the process smooth as butter. Mine is still running GREAT.

I have a Radeon RX560 in my OptiMac, which has Mac Mojave/Opencore. I need to connect 3 monitors; 1 at 1080p, and 2 at 720p. Should this work using the 3 outputs on the Radeon (DP, HDMI, & DVI)? I notice when I hook up a monitor to the DVI port the colors are weird. Is that likely to be the DVI-HDMI adapter? Also, does anyone know if USB-HDMI adapters work as monitor outputs? And are the motherboard DP ports still active? Any advice/experience is much appreciated, the OptiMac is not at my home, so it is harder to run my own tests on it.

Last edited:
I need to connect 3 monitors; 1 at 1080p, and 2 at 720p.
You have two onboard DP outputs right on your MT. Use one of those instead of the DVI.

Back