Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

I updated to A25 and its now connecting correctly and not disconnecting.
Would you post the Sytem BT Info Screen from yours, to compare with mine and Danelands, tia

Would you post the Sytem BT Info Screen from yours, to compare with mine and Danelands, tia

Sure, I meant to do that last night, but forgot, will try tonight. FYI I am using the USB Belkin mini BT dongle, not the recommended card.

Edit: screenshot uploaded
Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 5.59.00 pm.png

Just to confirm BT is still working really nicely since the bios update.

I did find that yesterday the system became very unstable when adding the FakeSMC hardware monitor plugins. It would just randomly freeze and then I'd have to restart the whole machine... which sucks cause I like to be able to see my CPU temps.
I fried a 9020 the other day when ripping some DVDs to my hard drive, the temp went way up. I was too slow/lazy to switch it off hahah.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update @Iofidub - HWSensors - make sure you have matched versions between FakeSMC and the HWSensors kexts, or maybe stick with Intel Power Gadget.

Thanks for the update @Iofidub - HWSensors - make sure you have matched versions between FakeSMC and the HWSensors kexts, or maybe stick with Intel Power Gadget.

OK, there's a possibility, I think I may have just copied the sensors and not new FakeSMC.

I'm actually testing VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC tonight, its working really nicely so far.

I haven't used power gadget before, so you think its safer on a mackintosh than HWsensors or istats?

Which Bios are you using on your SFF 9020?

Suspect mixing VirtualSMC and HWSensors is not going to work. Intel Power Gadget only gives CPU info but will work and is unlikely to cause any issues. Im on A13, the last BIOS before the Spectre fixes.

Suspect mixing VirtualSMC and HWSensors is not going to work. Intel Power Gadget only gives CPU info but will work and is unlikely to cause any issues. Im on A13, the last BIOS before the Spectre fixes.

I read that, so I tried iStat menu. HWmonitor actually seems OK to, I ran them both at once and they were reporting the same temps.

Why don't you try updating to the newer Bios? You can roll back if you don't like it can't you? (Although I didn't try doing this..) Its fast to update the bios from the boot menu.
Or maybe a better option is to extract and patch the files on your own machine, my guess is that that could fix it.

BIOS- Ive stayed with pre Spectre fixes simply to prevent machine slowdown and wouldnt change that for BT which I don't really have a use for. Not sure if you can roll back these BIOS's will take a look and may try if roll back is possible.

@craighazan This should be of interest to you. The latest WEG 1.3.0 kext has added driver support for LSPCON chips (in DP to HDMI adapters). See the last bullet point. This could make a difference for you when connecting a 4K television via HD4600 graphics. Also install the latest Lilu 1.3.7 kext with this.

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 11.47.51 AM.png

Last edited:
@craighazan This should be of interest to you. The latest WEG 1.3.0 kext has added driver support for LSPCON chips (in DP to HDMI adapters). See the last bullet point. This could make a difference for you when connecting a 4K television via HD4600 graphics. Also install the latest Lilu 1.3.7 kext with this.

View attachment 419362
Thanks @trs96 ‘fistbump’, I’ll try this later and report back!.

Looking to buy one of these to upgrade from my HP 8300, but they seem to be far more expensive in Europe... anyone have any leads on where to buy one? France, specifically, though it doesn't really matter. I would need an i7 Minitower as it's for video and graphics work. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Back