Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Do you think I can use your config.plist instead and will boot just fine? I'm not using an external GPU, but the iGPU HD4600.
Of course my config.plist works. The sleep problems are not just Dell Optiplex related. Apple has tried to fix them with a supplemental update after 10.14.6 came out. So I'm not certain who is to blame for that. You can always upload your PR files for review. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Of course my config.plist works. The sleep problems are not just Dell Optiplex related. Apple has tried to fix them with a supplemental update after 10.14.6 came out. So I'm not certain who is to blame for that. You can always upload your PR files for review. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/
Umm, I see. I will leave the sleep issue out and do more testing then!.

So I'm now with your config.plist but I'm still unable to see HDMI Audio output. Any ideas on what I could do? I've researching and usually what I find is for HDMI connection, and not DP.

Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 21.10.08.png

EDIT: added the debug zip

Attachments

• debug_6472.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
Any ideas on what I could do? I've researching and usually what I find is for HDMI connection, and not DP.
I used a DP to HDMI cable when I was testing a 7020 SFF and that worked with no issues. You are using DP to DP correct ?
If you are using https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases the newest AppleALC you might experiment with some of the older versions of that kext. When I got it working it was on one of the 1.3.x versions. Make sure to install to /L/E with kextbeast and then run Kext Utility app after that to rebuild caches and repair permissions. If you are unable to get it working you may want to post in an HDMI audio thread moderated by Toleda. DP audio and HDMI audio are similar enough that you can post there and it's not off topic.

Last edited:
the 9020 builds don't exhibit the "Disk not ejected properly"
Are you referring to external hard drives that are connected via USB ? I started out with a Sandy Bridge Z68 system about 7 years ago so never experienced that after wake from sleep. If it's fixed, does it really matter how ? I would guess that is somehow related to something Clover patches on the fly.

I used a DP to HDMI cable when I was testing a 7020 SFF and that worked with no issues. You are using DP to DP correct ?
If you are using https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases the newest AppleALC you might experiment with some of the older versions of that kext. When I got it working it was on one of the 1.3.x versions. Make sure to install to /L/E with kextbeast and then run Kext Utility app after that to rebuild caches and repair permissions. If you are unable to get it working you may want to post in an HDMI audio thread moderated by Toleda. DP audio and HDMI audio are similar enough that you can post there and it's not off topic.
Thanks! yes I'm using DP to DP.

I've installed 1.3.9 but same result. I will try to find that thread and post there.

Thanks! yes I'm using DP to DP.

I've installed 1.3.9 but same result. I will try to find that thread and post there.
It will likely need HD4600 Azul framebuffer edits. Also post your PR files there for him to review.

Are you referring to external hard drives that are connected via USB ? ....

For most people (at least in the pre-UEFI/AHCI 'BIOS era') we would have our USB thumb drives and external HDs drop off whenever Sleep/Wake occurred.

You're right to say:
If it's fixed, does it really matter how ?

The tinkerer in me was just curious.

Last edited:
It will likely need HD4600 Azul framebuffer edits. Also post your PR files there for him to review.
This is funny! I connected the DP cable to the top DP port and immediately I got the DP audio control

This is correct it should be “UsbConnector”, 255, Important for all MT owners to have this internal USB header value set to 255. You'll need to edit the .dsl file, compile and then save it as .aml and then add your SSDT_USB.aml to the "patched" folder. Of course, replacing the existing SSDT_USB. Good to see that you are checking files that closely.
I've attached the SSDT-USB.dsl file to post #1 and to this post. Anyone without an internal USB 2.0 header at HS13 can compile and save this, i.e. @nicksoph or any 7020/9020 SFF Optiplex owners. Click File (in menu bar) - Save as and then select "ACPI machine language binary."

If you have the Dell MT (7020 or 9020) you can make the edit to add the HS13 port entry. The value of 255 should be used so it is seen as an internal USB 2.0 port. I'll get around to replacing the old version in the Custom SSDT zip file attachment later on today. If you don't want to make the edit, just wait till that gets updated and attached.

Image below shows the location of the MT internal USB header, not present in the USFF or SFF models. This header is primarily used to enable BT from a PCIe Wifi/BT card, usually a macOS compatible Broadcom card.

Screen_Shot_1.jpg

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.dsl.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
This is funny! I connected the DP cable to the top DP port and immediately I got the DP audio control
Many months ago someone had reported this DP audio anomaly. It is true that only one of DPs will give DP audio. So anyone in a similar situation, simply switch your DP connection on the back panel of your Dell.

Back