Contribute
Register

[Success] Guide: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (EUFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO,
is there any way to downgrade my EUFI Bios on my Z68x to F12?
I tried anything that crossed my mind and i always failed.
It seems like the new 2.xx version won't let you load any older firmware file.
If someone knows anything about pls, help. :)

HELLO,
is there any way to downgrade my EUFI Bios on my Z68x to F12?
I tried anything that crossed my mind and i always failed.
It seems like the new 2.xx version won't let you load any older firmware file.
If someone knows anything about pls, help. :)

You can, use the EFI2AWD utility linked from this BIOS page

You can, use the EFI2AWD utility linked from this BIOS page

Thank you very very much. I'll give it a try later on after work.
I have a question: I installed ML on EUFI and I am not satisfied at all of my pc performances... Graphic card doesn't work well: in a few hours my desktop shows dark spots or weird colored patches, sometimes savescreen freezes, I also have a problem with folders containing index.BDMV file, the OS turns them into apps packages.
I am afraid that the EUFI firmware could be the cause. That's way I intend to downgrade.
Any suggestions?
Much appreciated...
Thanx again
Carlom67

I don't think your problem is UEFI...

sounds like a bad install.. redownload ML from the appstore and unibeast it again.

Also run the tests on the internal video card, and see if the problem continues, otherwise it might be some external video card problems.

thank you again. i will spend some time on testing ML on another drive.

I have the exact same MB and Bios as you except I'm using the onboard graphics. After I run Multibeast with your recommended settings and reboot I get an error saying:

"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

any suggestions would be much appreciated. I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now.

thank you

I have the exact same MB and Bios as you except I'm using the onboard graphics. After I run Multibeast with your recommended settings and reboot I get an error saying:

"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

any suggestions would be much appreciated. I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now.

thank you

You have to change the Boot drive type from UEFI to SATA or vice versa.

You can experiment before changing the settings by going to the 'Save & Exit' menu and selecting the ad-hoc boot device.

If a certain device type works, go back in and change the setting permanently.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have complete redone my machine today from scratch.

I have cleared the CMOS

I very carefully applied the BIOS settings per the guide.

I created the Unibeast drive using UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.3 and Mountain Lion 10.8.1 freshly downloaded from App Store.

I formatted and partitioned my Corsair Force GT 120 GB SSD following the Mountian Lion Unibeast instructions

After Mountain Loin Install, I reboot to USB and select Mountain Lion.

I download and run Multibeast 5.0.2 and make all the selections per this guide.

I shut down the computer, remove the Unibeast USB drive, turn the computer back on and I still get the same message:

so I shut down, press F12 to select my boot drive and I have these options: (see image attached)

UEFI: Corsair Force GT
PO: Corsair Force GT

either of these options I select gives me the same error:

same error occurs if I press delete, enter BIOS, go to Save & Exit and choose those same options.

I hope I'm just missing something simple. I really appreciate anyone's assistance.

My mother board is revision 1.3. I'm not sure if this makes a difference and the link in the guide goes to Gigabytes download page for version 1.0.

Thank You

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 417
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I hope I'm just missing something simple. I really appreciate anyone's assistance.

My mother board is revision 1.3. I'm not sure if this makes a difference and the link in the guide goes to Gigabytes download page for version 1.0.

Thank You

I have the exact same motherboard, UEFI and SSD (P1: GT 120GB & P0: GT 180GB).

P0 is the one that should work (I use P1 to get to Chimera, P0 is my Windows 7 drive)

- Disconnect all drive except your OS X drive.
- Boot using Unibeast again
- Install Chimera 1.11.1 on the OS X drive.
- Reboot

This allowed my drive to boot! Thank you.

However, I have not used Chimera before.

When I boot, it gives me a "boot:" prompt

it hangs at the Apple logo so I restart and at the boot: prompt, i type -v

It seems to hang at this:

17.930073: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: : registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

I really appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back