Contribute
Register

[Success] Guide: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (EUFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This allowed my drive to boot! Thank you.

However, I have not used Chimera before.

When I boot, it gives me a "boot:" prompt

it hangs at the Apple logo so I restart and at the boot: prompt, i type -v

It seems to hang at this:

17.930073: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: : registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

I really appreciate your help.

Boot using Unibeast again and install FakeSMC and the Motherboard plugin.

For full MB 5.0.2 options use these settings:
Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 6.44.44 PM.jpg

Amazing....

This worked. Thank you.

I am still stuck at 1024 x 768 resolution. Did you find away around this?

Also, whenever I reboot, I have to press enter at that "boot:" prompt with a wired keyboard.

If I can get around these two things, I'll be set.

I can't believe how amazing this community is...

Thank you

Amazing....

This worked. Thank you.

I am still stuck at 1024 x 768 resolution. Did you find away around this?

Also, whenever I reboot, I have to press enter at that "boot:" prompt with a wired keyboard.

If I can get around these two things, I'll be set.

I can't believe how amazing this community is...

Thank you

Ensure at least 384MB is set for IGFX in UEFI (BIOS) and check your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist settings. If you have an 'Instant Menu' item, remove it.

A typical file contents should look like this:

Code:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<plist version="1.0">[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<dict>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Monaco]    [COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]EthernetBuiltIn[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<string>[COLOR=#000000]Yes[/COLOR]</string>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Monaco]    [COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]GenerateCStates[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<string>[COLOR=#000000]Yes[/COLOR]</string>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Monaco]    [COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]GeneratePStates[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]    [COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]GraphicsEnabler[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco][COLOR=#0433FF]<string>[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Yes[/COLOR][COLOR=#0433ff]</string>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<key>[COLOR=#000000]Kernel[/COLOR]</key>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<string>[COLOR=#000000]mach_kernel[/COLOR]</string>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Monaco]    [COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]Kernel Flags[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<string>[COLOR=#000000]darkwake=0[/COLOR]</string>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Monaco]    [COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]Legacy Logo[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<key>[COLOR=#000000]Timeout[/COLOR]</key>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]<string>[COLOR=#000000]2[/COLOR]</string>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Monaco]    [COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]UseKernelCache[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]</dict>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Monaco]</plist>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thank you again.

I'm still having issues though.

I changed my graphics memory to 384MB in my BIOS under IGFX as you recommended.

Then I looked in my Extras folder, but only saw two files

smbios.plist
SSDT.aml

So, I started the whole process over. I partitioned my drive, installed using Unibeast, then used the Multibeast settings you recommended.

I am still in the same spot.

My graphics are stuck at 1024 X 768, but I did find that if in that boot prompt I type "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", my graphics work. I tried this because I saw that as an option in the picture you sent last time.

The file you said I need to look at in my extras folder is not there.

I must be missing something.

I'm attaching pictures of my BIOS in case I have some setting wrong.

Thank you again for your help.

Attachments

• photo 1-2.JPG
    photo 1-2.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 478
  • photo 2-2.JPG
    photo 2-2.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 318
  • photo 3-2.JPG
    photo 3-2.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 456
  • photo 4-2.JPG
    photo 4-2.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 269
  • photo 5-2.JPG
    photo 5-2.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 337
Maybe you should post a screenshot of which options you selected in Multibeast.

Thanks so much for the guide.

I noticed a problem while coming out of sleep. It seems my ethernet card has a "cable unplugged" message next to it and cannot get an address. Doesn't happen every time.

I am not using the onboard ethernet and have disable it in the bios. My card is a generic marvel yukon which shows up as "Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA:". No need for custom kext, and never happen in Snow Leopard.

Thoughts?

Update: I just experienced another problem which would happen in Snow Leopard, again after coming out of sleep - where the USB mouse and keyboard are unresponsive...darn, i was hoping the EUFI bios would have solved this issue.

Are any experiencing the same?

Got it!

I'm sorry, but I guess I had spent so much time on this computer, I didnt realize I wasn't checking "USER DSDT or DSDT-free installation" in Multibeast

I was also experimenting with selecting iMac and MacMini. iMac does not work for some reason, but that doesn't bother me.

Once I FULLY followed your Multibeast options, things worked perfectly!

The only issue I still have is when I reboot my machine, it doesn't remember my display resolution. I have it hooked up to a 1080p television. It's not difficult to open system preferences to change the settings though.

Did you experience this with Mountain Lion as well?

Thanks for all your help! All up and running!

The only issue I still have is when I reboot my machine, it doesn't remember my display resolution. I have it hooked up to a 1080p television. It's not difficult to open system preferences to change the settings though.

Did you experience this with Mountain Lion as well?

Yes, I had the same resolution issue on HDMI TV (not DVI) when I had HD3000 and had to manually change it on reboot.

Try setting the resolution to 'Scaled' instead of 'Best for Display'. May have to do with the Intel SandyBridge drivers (KEXTs).

Enjoy!

Edit: Try MacBookPro8,1 system definition. May solve your TV resolution issue.

Just want to say thank you Alfa, your guide rocks! I just installed ML on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 this evening, had some rough patches, but actually only had to do one install overall (a first in a while!). I have a 6870, so I had to start off with the HD3000 driver and then switch over to the 6870

Only things that don't seem to work 100% is auto sleep, power button sleep works, also getting the ejected USB devices upon resume. I'll have to look into that. Overall, I'm happy to be on ML and to have SLEEP, I could never get it working on my Lion install so I just left it on always :/.

Thanks again!

EDIT
Had to re-install one more time after forgetting that time machine backup migration restored old kexts I didn't need anymore and also that I had accidentally formatted Case-Sensitive, which apps like Steam and Time Machine didn't like. Made a backup of my extensions folder and learned to also make sure to delete the Kernel Cache after having to have to use -f flag.

Sleep now works 100% with the Please Sleep and Jettison Apps, so nice to come back to a 'sleeping' system and having it boot up with 2-3 seconds (ssd is helping for sure there :D) My Logitech K750 Solar KB and G700 have no disconnect/wake issues.

Overclocked using Ergman's SSDT files and installed the Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext from Multibeast (Drivers>System>AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement> OSX 10.8.0) to a score of GB score of 12079, I could go higher, but I'm happy not to be in the 5000 range anymore
Ergman's postwww.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/67841-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3-uefi-99-9-a.html#post422879

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back