Contribute
Register

[Success] Guide: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (EUFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys...can someone please give me a link to a guid for creating updating my bios from f12 to UEFI without windows. I only have mac computers and my hackintosh. I think I saw one but can only find the guides using PC's. I tried the Virtual Box one but couldn't get it to work.

All right,

- Z68X-UD3H-B3 ver 1.3
- Geforge GT 640
- 16 GB RAM
- CPU Sandy Bridge 3.4Ghz

1. Bios Update
In the 3rd day I succeeded to update to EUFI Bios.
Only way to update is using the Windows 98 USB Method with the BIOS files copied on the USB.
Don't even try other methods on this board.

2. The only way to get to the installer for me was with the EVGA GT 640 out of the system, by booting with the flags below:
To be precise: "GraphicsEnabler=No PciRoot=1 -f -F DSDT=\dev\null"

anything else, kernel panic.

I'm gonna try this:
http://www.osx86.net/view/2963-gigabyte_z68x-ud3h-b3_pack.html

like in this video but Mountain Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Ps_UoNauE

Hi,

Thanks for the guide, everything is working great apart from the HD3000.

I have a GTX 460 but want to get the integrated chip working too for airplay mirroring. I can get the system to boot using the integrated card but it shows up as 'display' in system profiler and has kext load issues.

I have tried all the different settings I can find her on tonymacx, can anybody provide me with some guidance?

Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for the guide, everything is working great apart from the HD3000.

I have a GTX 460 but want to get the integrated chip working too for airplay mirroring. I can get the system to boot using the integrated card but it shows up as 'display' in system profiler and has kext load issues.

I have tried all the different settings I can find her on tonymacx, can anybody provide me with some guidance?

Cheers.

For GraphicsEnabler=No, you have to use either a EFI string or DSDT injection.

EFI string for HD3000 never worked for me but DSDT IGPU (device-id/0x0126) injection works. Use the following:

Code:
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x06)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"AAPL,snb-platform-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00
                        }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

Alternatively, you can use toleda's HDMI audio DSDT patch kit to insert the appropriate edits into your working DSDT.

Thanks,

I'm running EUFI so didn't install a DSDT - I'm guessing that means I can't use DSDT IGPU injection?

It's not a huge deal but this is kinda bugging me now, I reinstalled twice over the weekend trying to crack it.

Thanks,

I'm running EUFI so didn't install a DSDT - I'm guessing that means I can't use DSDT IGPU injection?

It's not a huge deal but this is kinda bugging me now, I reinstalled twice over the weekend trying to crack it.

Your system still does have a DSDT (like any other Mac/PC). It's just that the vanilla DSDT that comes with your UEFI is good enough for most people. If you want advanced features like HDMI Audio, Sleep or DSDT injection, you can use a file based DSDT (extracted from a non-DSDT system and approprate fixes added)

Here is one for U1h UEFI with dual graphics card (HD3000+nVIDIA card) support with audio layout-id=3 (Macmini5,1 & iMac12,2):
View attachment DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-U1H-HD3000-HDEF-Layout-ID=3-nVIDIA-HDAU.aml.zip

I installed ML following this guide (just added the support for GTX 570) and everything worked out fine.
Thanks for the great post!

I have one problem though: When I send the system to sleep it wakes up automatically after 5 seconds.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Good news for those using the iMac 12,2 SMBIOS, I got 6 P-states working on my OC'd 2500K by using Minihack's SSDT (he apparently added additional p-states from the OC'd MB SSDT profile to up to 5ghz) Since, I'm only at 4.5ghz, you probably don't need his, but I'm linking it anyway. I then used Kounelo's Guide about vanilla Speedstep to patch my IOPlatformPluginFamily kext to MacbookPro8,3 p-states and it worked! I used to only have 2 p-states 16x and 45x but now according to MSRdumper and HWmonitor:

9/12/12 9:20:23.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(45)
9/12/12 9:20:23.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 20 23 31 39 45

Included my patched iMac 12,2 IOPlatformPluginFamily for the lazy, you should read whats going on in Kounelo's post before just blindly copying, remember to backup the original, etc, Minihacks SSDT also included

My Generate C/P states are set to yes, Still using the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext from Multibeast (Drivers>System>AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement> OSX 10.8.0) Not sure if that's helping or not, but it's working and I'm happy, upped my Geekbench Score to 12537 (64bit)

Attachments

• Patched IOPlatformPluginFamily.zip
    345.4 KB · Views: 209
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back