Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I think you can ignore those warnings. HackinDROM will make a backup of your EFI folder in any case. So I would suggest updating to 0.8.9 and rebooting. If you see these warnings during boot (just before OpenCore boot picker appears) then please report it here.
Updated and all rebooted fine. The errors still appeared but it was updated to 0.8.9. I did a bit of reading and tried to run HackinDROM again and it errored out half way. It created a zip backup in my EFI folder but failed to create the new files for my EFI so I couldn't restart.
Grabbed my back up EFI and booted this morning copied that EFI to my main drive and Im back up and running on 0.7.8 I will probably try to run HackinDROM again to update to 0.8.9 but only once. I will then go grab the backup Zip and move it out of the EFI folder.

I believe the issue is the zip files it creates wants to go into the EFI folder but there was not enough room. If it can be fixed have the zip back ups destination to the desktop might save some issues.

Has anyone been able to install Monterey 12.6.4 or Ventura 13.3 Public Beta on their Z390 system? Are you encountering errors instead?

I have been able to install Ventura 13.3 Public Beta on my Z390 system, I had no errors with OpenCore 0.8.8

I have been able to install Ventura 13.3 Public Beta on my Z390 system, I had no errors with OpenCore 0.8.8
Good to know. Some questions:
  • Are you using iMac 19,1?
  • What is SecureBootModel set to in Misc -> Security?
  • What is the value of csr-active-util in Boot Args?

• Are you using iMac 19,1? No, MacPro7,1
  • What is SecureBootModel set to in Misc -> Security? : Default
  • What is the value of csr-active-util in Boot Args? : 00000000

• Are you using iMac 19,1? No, MacPro7,1
  • What is SecureBootModel set to in Misc -> Security? : Default
  • What is the value of csr-active-util in Boot Args? : 00000000
There might be an issue affecting product names such as iMac19,1 and 19,2 that do not contain a T2 security chip.

If anyone is using iMac 19,x, have you been able to install Monterey 12.6.4 or Ventura 13.3 public beta?

Does the question only apply to z390 cards? Does the problem only concern the z390 (not the z490 vision for example...)?

Does the question only apply to z390 cards? Does the problem only concern the z390 (not the z490 vision for example...)?
It should affect Z490 as well. Will try upgrading my Z490 Vision D later today.

It should affect Z490 as well. Will try upgrading my Z490 Vision D later today.
Same problem on Z490 Vision D. Although the Ventura 13.3 update downloads and "prepares" properly, the system goes into a boot loop. System product name is iMac19,1.

Back