Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello!

I updated to 12.5 and I am using OC 0.8.3, after the installation I’ve lost my wifi — i am using the fenvi module. Any way to fix it?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay on this. Ended up needing to pull the GPU entirely otherwise the machine wouldn't boot.
Removed the Nvidia card, and the same problem occurs.
It may be a good idea at this time to do the following:
  • Install a fresh copy of macOS on a spare internal or external SSD. SSDs can be mounted in USB 3.0 external enclosures.
  • Use the same EFI folder as you're using now.
  • After macOS has been installed on spare SSD, check sleep, wake, shutdown, etc. but do not install any of your applications. We want to establish baseline behavior from a fresh installation.

Hello!

I updated to 12.5 and I am using OC 0.8.3, after the installation I’ve lost my wifi — i am using the fenvi module. Any way to fix it?

Thanks!
Couple of suggestions:
  • Perform a cold boot.
  • Also uncheck the following:
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 10.47.32 AM.png

Couple of suggestions:
  • Perform a cold boot.
  • Also uncheck the following:
Hi Casey and thank you,

I tried the options that you suggested without success. When I boot the computer I get the following messages.
IMG_0171.jpeg

I have a clone of system before the update so I can go back if necessary.

Hi Casey and thank you,

I tried the options that you suggested without success. When I boot the computer I get the following messages.View attachment 552554

I have a clone of system before the update so I can go back if necessary.

Hello.

This usually shows that the version of OpenCore you are using does not match the one the config.plist was written for. The error shows you in which sections the missing parts are: Misc / Debug and Misc / Security.

Depending on how you edited your config.plist, you will need to add or remove the keys. If using OpenCore Configurator, you must ensure the version matches the OpenCore release.

Sometimes, just removing the keys if they are in your config.plist will solve the problem.

What you should do, before trying another reboot, is to use the OpenCore "ocvalidate' Terminal app to check your work. From the OpenCore release .package drag the ocvalidate app from the Utilities folder onto your Terminal window. Then drag and adrop your edited config.plist onto the same line, and press Enter. This will check the file and highlight any errors found.

Last edited:
Hello.

This usually shows that the version of openCore you are using does not match the one the config.plist was written for. The error shows you in which sections the missing parts are: Misc / Debug and Misc / Security.

Depending on how you edited your config.plist you will need to add or remove the keys. If using OpenCore Configurator you must ensure the version matches the OpenCore release.

Sometimes just removing the keys if they are in your config.plist will solve the problem.

What you should do before trying another reboot is to use the OpenCore "ocvalidate' Terminal app to check your work. From the OpenCore release package drag the ocvalidate app from the Utilities folder onto your Terminal window. Then drag and adrop your edited config.plist onto the same line, and press Enter. This will check the file and highlight any errors found.

Thank you! That is it. I forgot to update the OpenCore Configurator... Is it possible for me to just replace the app to the latest version? I've downloaded the latest version on my MacBook and transferred it to a usb-drive. Since I dont have internet on my Hackmac, can I just drop the OpenCore Configurator on my USB-drive to the app folder and replace it?

Thank you!

Thank you! That is it. I forgot to update the OpenCore Configurator... Is it possible for me to just replace the app to the latest version? I've downloaded the latest version on my MacBook and transferred it to a usb-drive. Since I dont have internet on my Hackmac, can I just drop the OpenCore Configurator on my USB-drive to the app folder and replace it?

Thank you!
Yes, this is what I usually do.

If WiFi continues to fail, please run IORegistryExplorer and search for “AirPort”. Does it exist?

Question to anyone. Is there a way of disabling CSM other than from the BIOS?

@CaseySJ
Hey, two things:
1) I edited the Blackmagic mini-guide post today, to add some further help (steps 10&11):
Black Magic Design (BMD) Drivers in Big Sur, Monterey, and newer
2) I've noticed that if one uses the latest development version of OCC to edit an 0.8.3 config.plist (in my case to simply change around the Platform info from one identical machine to another), it generates context flags verified by OCvalidate. Specifically it was NVRAM LegacySchema. I got around it by entering the SMBIOS info using ProperTree. Hopefully this resolves itself when a release version of OC 0.8.3 comes out (assuming this is expected behavior).

Back