Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ, After flashing I was finally able to get sleep to work with TB.

However my 3rd GPU is now listed as a "Display," and TB options disappeared from the BIOS, so I can't turn off TB to troubleshoot the GPU. Any ideas? Seems like a WEG issue.

The GPU shows as GFX1 in IOReg, but I think it's not loading the drivers :think:

Attachments

• iOReg.ioreg
    21 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
i tried install update to opencore 0.7.9 but i have error "update failed please make space...."in my efi folder i dont have apple folder....
Have you selected a custom backup folder ?

Hello everyone! I have an issue for a long time now between my systems regarding Ethernet connection between them. Previously, I had them wired together using i211 ports on my Designares. Now I have bought USB-c to 2.5GB Ethernet adapters since i211 isn't working on Monterey. So in both situations I had and still have the same issue which is that I don't get the same speed performance between them. Sometimes it's 2.5Gbit, and sometimes it's 100Mbps. I have Lacie 2BiG 12Tb which is connected on my 2nd system, and I'm using it for video editing on my 1st system also. So the speed varies between 10mb/s and 240-250Mb/s using Blackmagic disk speed test. When I have 100Mbps, I have to restart my 2 systems, and most of the time I get then 2.5Gbps speeds. So the systems do not follow the same connection method every time and choose sometimes to connect via router and sometimes via the USB-c to 2.5Gbps adapters. Even if I disable every other adapter/WiFi, the connection doesn't return to 2.5Gbps. So the question is if I can map somehow the connection to be only via the 2.5Gbps adapters. Is it possible?

Hello everyone! I have an issue for a long time now between my systems regarding Ethernet connection between them. Previously, I had them wired together using i211 ports on my Designares. Now I have bought USB-c to 2.5GB Ethernet adapters since i211 isn't working on Monterey. So in both situations I had and still have the same issue which is that I don't get the same speed performance between them. Sometimes it's 2.5Gbit, and sometimes it's 100Mbps. I have Lacie 2BiG 12Tb which is connected on my 2nd system, and I'm using it for video editing on my 1st system also. So the speed varies between 10mb/s and 240-250Mb/s using Blackmagic disk speed test. When I have 100Mbps, I have to restart my 2 systems, and most of the time I get then 2.5Gbps speeds. So the systems do not follow the same connection method every time and choose sometimes to connect via router and sometimes via the USB-c to 2.5Gbps adapters. Even if I disable every other adapter/WiFi, the connection doesn't return to 2.5Gbps. So the question is if I can map somehow the connection to be only via the 2.5Gbps adapters. Is it possible?
Hello @skroutz999

Have you tried fixing the speed to 2500Mbps as follows:

Step 1: Select USB LAN device and click Advanced.
Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 5.44.52 AM.png

Step 2: Change Automatically to Manually
Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 5.44.24 AM.png

Step 3: Configure the settings
Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 5.44.30 AM.png

Hello @skroutz999

Have you tried fixing the speed to 2500Mbps as follows:

Step 1: Select USB LAN device and click Advanced.
View attachment 545446
Step 2: Change Automatically to Manually
View attachment 545448
Step 3: Configure the settings
View attachment 545447
Hello CaseySJ!
Yes, It's not adapter's fault as I had the same issue with the onboard Ethernet port i211 when it was working before Monterey. It's the system that every time chooses different connection for the systems. One is through router and the other is through 2.5Gbps adapters. When it's connected with the latter, the speed is always constant w/o issues. The problem is next time I will turn on my systems and check the connection speed. Sometimes it's 2.5Gbps and sometimes only 100Mbps. If it's 100Mbps, then I have to restart them once or twice. Then it's OK.

Hello CaseySJ and other fellows.
Finally managed to get a AFOX RX560 GPU board to replace mine that was broken, so I'm back to tonymacx86. For the life of me don't understand how DP doesn't work at 4k@60 (max resolution is 1080p) with this new card, but given that HDMI is delivering 4k@60 I don't mind too much. Seems that DP + my pluggable dp-hdmi converter gave slightly less blurry text on the older Sapphire RX580, but my Sapphire RX580 kept crashing ....

Now, maybe this is a silly question, given that I want to upgrade to 11.6.5 but I cannot find the latest OC for this board in this thread... there are after all 3549 pages ... is there a way to find the latest CaseySJ OC-0xx-DESIGNARE.zip file and instructions?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hello CaseySJ and other fellows.
Finally managed to get a AFOX RX560 GPU board to replace mine that was broken, so I'm back to tonymacx86. For the life of me don't understand how DP doesn't work at 4k@60 (max resolution is 1080p) with this new card, but given that HDMI is delivering 4k@60 I don't mind too much. Seems that DP + my pluggable dp-hdmi converter gave slightly less blurry text on the older Sapphire RX580, but my Sapphire RX580 kept crashing ....

Now, maybe this is a silly question, given that I want to upgrade to 11.6.5 but I cannot find the latest OC for this board in this thread... there are after all 3549 pages ... is there a way to find the latest CaseySJ OC-0xx-DESIGNARE.zip file and instructions?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Hi telicha,

Regarding latest EFI for Opencore yes there is. CaseySJ's guide for Big Sur is here. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.316533/page-3505#post-2306724

As for the Sapphire card crashing issue, maybe it is because you are missing some settings for the card. What are your device property settings for the card under PCIRoot? Is the AMD GPU accelerated? Does all the VRAM show up? Have you tried using the boot-arg agdpmod=ignore? Also what are your SMBIOS settings?

I realize that CaseySJ said in an earlier post that the updated driver that re-enables the second Ethernet port on the Z390 Designare will be included in the OpenCore 0.8.0 EFI update, but for anyone interested, I’ve had success with the D-Link DUB-E250 USB-C to Ethernet adapter, connected to the top front USB-C port.

It works out-of-the-box using a driver included in Monterey 12.3.1, com.apple.driver.usb.cdc.ncm.

Ran a couple of tests with the Ookla Speed Test app, and the speeds are the same with the adapter as with the built-in Ethernet.

Sleep and wake seem to work fine, and so far I haven’t noticed any increased CPU load, which I’ve read happens with some adapters (ones that use the .ecm driver, if I recall correctly).

Currently running CaseySJ’s OpenCore 0.7.9 EFI.

Last edited:
Back