Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello CaseySJ and other fellows.
Finally managed to get a AFOX RX560 GPU board to replace mine that was broken, so I'm back to tonymacx86. For the life of me don't understand how DP doesn't work at 4k@60 (max resolution is 1080p) with this new card, but given that HDMI is delivering 4k@60 I don't mind too much. Seems that DP + my pluggable dp-hdmi converter gave slightly less blurry text on the older Sapphire RX580, but my Sapphire RX580 kept crashing ....

Now, maybe this is a silly question, given that I want to upgrade to 11.6.5 but I cannot find the latest OC for this board in this thread... there are after all 3549 pages ... is there a way to find the latest CaseySJ OC-0xx-DESIGNARE.zip file and instructions?

Thanks a lot for your help!
If you're not seeing an option for 4K60 over DisplayPort, it may be possible to get 4K60 using SwitchResX.

Hi All!

I didn't want to ask, but I'm tired of crashing my box and not getting work done. I've tried using Hack'ntool to remap USB ports. I'm not certain how to edit the aml file (it's binary, can't find source, and uncertain how to PROPERLY reassemble it).

I tried following the USB Mapping guide, turning on the XhcLimit and disabling the other kexts results in a very sad system which immediately crashes. I'm pretty certain it's my fault, and I'm lazy. So, here I am begging.

My goal is to Disable HS05/HS06, and enable HS01. I'd like to use my Cintique without the wire wrangling.

How To?

Hi All!

I didn't want to ask, but I'm tired of crashing my box and not getting work done. I've tried using Hack'ntool to remap USB ports. I'm not certain how to edit the aml file (it's binary, can't find source, and uncertain how to PROPERLY reassemble it).

I tried following the USB Mapping guide, turning on the XhcLimit and disabling the other kexts results in a very sad system which immediately crashes. I'm pretty certain it's my fault, and I'm lazy. So, here I am begging.

My goal is to Disable HS05/HS06, and enable HS01. I'd like to use my Cintique without the wire wrangling.

How To?
macIASL can edit aml files

Hi All!

How To?
Please see:

Hello,
I’m having some issues on my hack after the latest update, also update lil, WEG and AppleALC.
Before the 12.3.1 no issues at all and now it goes on sleep and doesn’t come back.. tried to update OC to 0.7.8 (it was on 0.7.7) and no differences. Any ideas??? Thank you!

If Windows 11 is installed on an NVMe SSD, is the SSD installed in the M.2 slot closest to the CPU?
Hi Thank you for your response. My Windows 11 SSD is actually in this slot. Do you think there something to do to get Windows 11 boot back without modifying OpenCore config?
Maybe inverting my 2 SSD ?
Thank for your help

Because BIOS F9i is not a capsule BIOS, we can always go back to the previous version if needed. With BIOS F9i if Resizable BAR Support is enabled in BIOS then we need to set ResizeAppleGpuBars to 0 in Booter section of config.plist.

View attachment 545411
Has this always been the case?

Back