Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @echosat1,

Happy new year to you as well!

Some (obvious) things to try first:
  • Cold start. This means shutting down the system and flipping power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds, then powering up.
  • If problem persists, try Reset NVRAM by pressing space bar at the OpenCore boot picker.
  • If problem still persists, try disabling BrcmPatchRAM3.kext.
Hello again,

I tried Resetting NVRAM, cold start + NVRAM reset, removing BrcmPatchRAM3 kext (+ cold start, NVRAM reset). None of these worked and bluetoothd still works at 220% after waking from a sleep, this stops the moment I disable bluetooth or it never happens if bluetooth + wifi is disabled all together. After I disable and enable the bluetooth, it goes away but the problem happens whenever computer sleeps and wakes.

I'm using BCM94360CS2 card with a PCI adapter. You can see from the screenshot of iStatMenus that there are peaks with bluetooth enabled boot and wake from sleep, and then sudden drop whenever bluetooth is disabled. The highest peak happened with the boot when BrcmPatchRAM3 kext was removed.

Attachments

• istat.png
    istat.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 44
  • istat2.png
    istat2.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 43
@CaseySJ
in OC 0.7.7 there's no more MinimumVolume (Integer) in UEFI->Audio.
Instead there's DisconnectHDA (Boolean).
Both MinimumVolume and DisconnectHDA are present in OCC 2.55.0.0.

@CaseySJ
Yes, those have been replaced with 3 decibel parameters instead. The next release of OpenCore Configurator will fix this part of the schema.

<key>MaximumGain</key>
<integer>-15</integer>
<key>MinimumAssistGain</key>
<integer>-30</integer>
<key>MinimumAudibleGain</key>
<integer>-55</integer>

Last edited:
Yes, those have been replaced with 3 decibel parameters instead. The next release of OpenCore Configurator will fix this part of the schema.

<key>MaximumGain</key>
<integer>-15</integer>
<key>MinimumAssistGain</key>
<integer>-30</integer>
<key>MinimumAudibleGain</key>
<integer>-55</integer>
Are those setting the default or your recommendation?

Are those setting the default or your recommendation?
Those are default settings. On the new Asus Z690 ProArt Creator, they produce a boot chime that's just about right in volume...

@CaseySJ
Thanks for this. I've never understood the allure of boot-chimes and other app & system beeps and boops.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 11.01.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 11.01.49 AM.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 60
I’ll take a look soon. Some immediate comments:
  • VT-d should be enabled in BIOS if t you’re dropping the original DMAR table and replacing it with a modified version.
  • BlueToolFixup.kext is necessary in Monterey for any kind of Bluetooth operation (both Broadcom and Intel).
Update:
  • Please try attached EFI folder, but copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub before use.
Hi Casey,

Does this mean FV-T919 also require BlueToolFixup.kext in Monterey for Bluetooth operation? It seemed mine was working without that kext but if for any reason it's needed I might as well install it.

Hi Casey,

Does this mean FV-T919 also require BlueToolFixup.kext in Monterey for Bluetooth operation? It seemed mine was working without that kext but if for any reason it's needed I might as well install it.
Did you get your Bluetooth and WiFi working with that kext?

Hi Casey,

Good question. I haven't tried booting Monterey without that kext, but it would be worth attempting. BlueToolFixup is a replacement for all Bluetooth Injectors, but if we're not injecting Bluetooth firmware in Monterey then it might be okay to skip BlueToolFixup.

Once again, I have not personally tested Monterey without BlueToolFixup...

Hi Casey,

Mine appears to be working fine without that kext as well with the Fenvi T919.

Last edited:
Back