Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Amazing!! Now I am really excited. I wonder if this will also solve the Antelope Audio problem and make Thunderbolt monitors more reliable...

All these firmware modifications are on a customised firmware (DSDT and SSDT modified by including all patches like GFX0 to IGPU, IMEI, DTPG ... and some Firmware structure modifications ), I haven't made an original F9i based firmware yet.
When you say these firmware modifications are on a customized firmware, do you mean they are in a temporary BIOS that is not yet ready for beta testing?

Amazing!! Now I am really excited. I wonder if this will also solve the Antelope Audio problem and make Thunderbolt monitors more reliable...

When you say these firmware modifications are on a customized firmware, do you mean they are in a temporary BIOS that is not yet ready for beta testing?
Right ! Before making a beta testing firmware, I have to flash back to original firmware and test if minor modifications around ThunderboltNhi and drivers dependency are OK and flashable with QFlash on BIOS. I only use Fpt.efi file under Openshell.

If anyone is curious about this latest achievement by @Elias64Fr, here is some background:
  • On April 23, 2021 -- via private message to Elias -- I posed an idea for an experiment. The screenshots below describe the experiment.
  • After considerable effort, Elias appears to have cracked the case.
  • We still need to run some tests, particularly with a wide set of Thunderbolt devices that have so far been unreliable or problematic.
  • There are no guarantees that Antelope audio devices or Thunderbolt monitors or other problematic devices will magically start working, but this was a significant missing piece of the Thunderbolt puzzle.
  • What Elias has done will make Hackintosh's implementation of Thunderbolt much more similar to a real Mac's implementation.
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 9.41.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 9.41.42 AM.png

I can see also pathcr
View attachment 521359

All these firmware modifications are on a customised firmware (DSDT and SSDT modified by including all patches like GFX0 to IGPU, IMEI, DTPG ... and some Firmware structure modifications ), I haven't made an original F9i based firmware yet.

View attachment 521360
Compared with F9i original firmware :

Capture d’écran 2021-06-10 à 18.59.28.png

Lossless and Hi-Res plays fine with UAD Apollo Twin on my Hackintosh
(Need to restart the Apollo after changing sample rate to 192khz)
What did you do for DRM?
Music app skips lossless files and only plays AAC files, and from what I know, DRM stopped working on Big Sur and WhateverGreen has no support for it.

@Elias64Fr Do you have any idea if there are any tweaks that could be done to the BIOS to make wake from sleep faster with patched Thunderbolt controllers?

What did you do for DRM?
Music app skips lossless files and only plays AAC files, and from what I know, DRM stopped working on Big Sur and WhateverGreen has no support for it.

Have you activated theses new options from Music Preferences Window ?
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 19.39.04.png

Also if you are trying to play a song which is already downloaded then you have to remove and download it again to get lossless files
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 19.22.54.png

For DRM support im using iMacPro1,1 instead of iMac19,1, maybe this makes the difference

Have you activated theses new options from Music Preferences Window ?
View attachment 521375

Also if you are trying to play a song which is already downloaded then you have to remove and download it again to get lossless files
View attachment 521374

For DRM support im using iMacPro1,1 instead of iMac19,1, maybe this makes the difference
Yeah, it stops working after enabling them, only AAC tracks keep working.

iMac Pro SMBIOS definitely makes all the difference, I'm using iMac19,1.

Hi @CaseySJ !

Totally upgraded to Open Core 0.7 the other day from 0.6.3 and upgraded from mac os 11.1 to 11.4. Everything went without a hitch. When I checked hackintool to make sure my usb port map was fine, it prompted me saying "you are currently on opencore 0.6.3. Would you like to update to OC 0.7?"

How can I verify this?

Hi @CaseySJ !

Totally upgraded to Open Core 0.7 the other day from 0.6.3 and upgraded from mac os 11.1 to 11.4. Everything went without a hitch. When I checked hackintool to make sure my usb port map was fine, it prompted me saying "you are currently on opencore 0.6.3. Would you like to update to OC 0.7?"

How can I verify this?
Hello @wiiwelshman,

In OpenCore 0.6.3 we weren't clearing the OpenCore version string from NVRAM, but we are doing that now in OpenCore 0.6.9 and 0.7.0. If you simply reboot, log back in, and check Hackintool, does it report 0.7.0?

Additionally, at the OpenCanopy Picker, do you see release 0.7.0 mentioned in small letters in the bottom right corner of the screen?

Back