Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If you have another monitor, particularly one without a legacy VGA port, or a recent flat screen TV, please check if this problem happens there.

You said this problem happens when the "machine has been shutdown for a while". Does this mean:
  • Machine's power was cut? Examples include:
    • If machine is connected to a power strip or UPS, the strip or UPS was turned off.
    • The power switch on the machine's PSU was flipped to the OFF position.
    • The power plug was pulled from the wall socket.

Unfortunately I dont have another monitor to try - I am looking to buy a new Ultrawide but want to get this sorted first.

Sorry - when I said shut down for a while - I mean as in shut down overnight and then started in the morning. So no power cuts or anything!

Unfortunately I dont have another monitor to try - I am looking to buy a new Ultrawide but want to get this sorted first.

Sorry - when I said shut down for a while - I mean as in shut down overnight and then started in the morning. So no power cuts or anything!
Do you have another computer to which you can connect this monitor? As you can see, my suspicion at this time is the monitor itself.

What does this argument?

Not sure, can't find much documentation. It was recommended for Navi cards when I built the computer Dec '19. Maybe not needed anymore.

Please run Activity Monitor from the Applications --> Utilities folder and sort the list by % CPU. Keep this window running in the background. When a kernel panic occurs, make a note of the top two processes on the list and their "% CPU" value.

UPDATE:
  • I believe Apple released a modified version of 11.2.1 yesterday (Monday). Are you using that version?

Only been able to see the screen once, usually it has either panicked when going to sleep or during wakeup, so screen is black. There's no update available in system prefs so I guess that modified version is only for fixing the installer bug.

Not sure, can't find much documentation. It was recommended for Navi cards when I built the computer Dec '19. Maybe not needed anymore.
Try without it
Heres my config without issue
Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 19.44.34.png

Only been able to see the screen once, usually it has either panicked when going to sleep or during wakeup, so screen is black. There's no update available in system prefs so I guess that modified version is only for fixing the installer bug.
If the kernel panics before and after sleep did not happen with macOS 11.2, it might be a good idea to revert back to it, assuming you made a full system backup before installing 11.2.1. I'm running 11.3 public beta, which means 11.3 is coming soon.

Hi @CaseySJ !

My t919 Fenvi wifi card has slowed in speed. Normally its shows 867mbs but now it is showing 217mbs and going super slow. I have not updated anything. Any thoughts?
Interferences...
USB SSD, Other Bluetooth/Wifi devices microwave PSU
Fenvi products aren't very well isolated from interferences

Interferences...
USB SSD, Other Bluetooth/Wifi devices microwave PSU
Fenvi products aren't very well isolated from interferences

Even though nothing has changed? No new devices, nothing has moved nor added? I mean i got a new wifi 6 router but it was working fine with it until today.

I didn't even install 11.2, put off updating and all of a sudden 11.2.1 was already out.

I did find a potential cause: We had a blackout last week (first in years) and I just noticed that XMP Profile 1 was active. I remember disabling that long ago because I had some problems with that (not KPs but still), so turned it off. I also ran memcheck just to be sure, no errors. Trying Inqnuam's boot-args and will keep monitoring.

Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

Even though nothing has changed? No new devices, nothing has moved nor added? I mean i got a new wifi 6 router but it was working fine with it until today.

Maybe your neighbor bought a new microwave...
Interferences are very difficult to investigate
I have the same problem

Back