Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi Casey, hope you are doing well!

My Nvidia gpu is causing problems for my hack regarding sleep and wake. I know that you had a "disable slot 2" for the clover version of this build, anything similar for the opencore?

Thanks in advance!

NEVERMIND,
I did it myself *proud* :clap:

Last edited:
For audio applications, the RX 570 4GB model is perfectly good.
Hi CaseySJ,

May you help me please?
I bought almost all components to my new build, exept my mother board that would be Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming but it's is unavailable in stock, there is a Z390 Gaming X. Do you think that this will be compatible?

Thanks!

Hello

I have a problem installing or booting on the Windows 10 USB key.
If I install with the macOS menu when installing, it refuses to write to the disk. Do you have any idea?

Thank you

Good news!!!! Waiting 11.2¡!apple watches us!!.....
Yes I'm beginning to wonder if there's an Apple angel looking after us!
  • Sleep/wake on my B550 Vision D (AMD Ryzen) was magically fixed by Apple in October
  • Photos app with RX 5700 XT GPU was magically fixed by Apple one week after we reported it
Coincidence? I think not... :)

Hi @CaseySJ I followed your guide on flashing my GC TitanRidge card V2 using the GC-Titan-Ridge-V2.0-Mod-NVM50-CaseySJ, and was successful in doing so (well Maybe).
The problem is that the SSDT found on this site hackindrom does not work in my Asus prime-A II X299 motherboard. I found a working SSDT from KGP that works, well kinda.I can only get one port to work at a time, but I have a UAD Apollo and a satellite, and daisy chaining does not work either. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
On X299 systems we need to change the PCI paths in the SSDT. To adapt the SSDT we will need:
  • IOReg file (IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...)
  • System DSDT (MaciASL --> File --> New from ACPI --> DSDT)

Hi CaseySJ,

May you help me please?
I bought almost all components to my new build, exept my mother board that would be Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming but it's is unavailable in stock, there is a Z390 Gaming X. Do you think that this will be compatible?

Thanks!
Hello @Johnsson,

The Z390 Gaming X is workable as well. Each motherboard has its own set of devices such as number and types of USB ports, number and types of Ethernet ports, WiFi/BT (or no WiFi/BT), etc. These differences require small changes to the OpenCore (or Clover) configuration.

Hello

I have a problem installing or booting on the Windows 10 USB key.
If I install with the macOS menu when installing, it refuses to write to the disk. Do you have any idea?

Thank you
All macOS disks must be physically disconnected, otherwise Windows will not install.

All macOS disks must be physically disconnected, otherwise Windows will not install.
Thanks. I have disconnected all but with BIOS configuration for macOS. It is doesn't work black screen.

Back