Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The current Mac Pro should've been priced at around $3000-$3500 with its base configuration. People go that route because of the expandability that it offers. But $6000 for the base model is a joke.
I would say it's even worse than a joke. It's almost an insult to our sensibilities! ;) I've never recommended it. It's almost as bad as charging $999 for the Pro Display XDR stand.
If the smaller form factor Mac Pro does become reality with a much more affordable entry price, I hope it doesn't come at the cost of expandability. But considering Apple's current track record, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets completely locked down. Just look at the 2020 iMac where you can't even add an NVMe drive anymore. Or even the M1 Mac mini that doesn't give the option to for RAM or storage upgrades post purchase.
Valid points. Let's give Apple a chance on this one.

Somehow, unless Apple can drop the 'center-of-universe' and 're-invent everything' mentality, we probably will see everything is locked/soldered without allowing customers to touch it. To apple's defense, some devices need to be designed like that but not pro-level workstation.
Yes and no. I'm a huge proponent of right to repair, just to put it out there.

I can see locking some things down so average users don't inadvertently screw something up. However, locking parts to a serial number, like Apple has done to the iPhone, is not the way to go.

100% agree with not locking down a professional workstation considering it can rival the cost of a car once it's expanded.

I would say it's even worse than a joke. It's almost an insult to our sensibilities! ;) I've never recommended it. It's almost as bad as charging $999 for the Pro Display XDR stand.

Valid points. Let's give Apple a chance on this one.
Oh god don't get me started on that stand.....

If somehow Apple lockdown everything in a workstation, I can't wait for Louis Rossman's reaction LOL

Yes and no. I'm a huge proponent of right to repair, just to put it out there.

I can see locking some things down so average users don't inadvertently screw something up. However, locking parts to a serial number, like Apple has done to the iPhone, is not the way to go.

100% agree with not locking down a professional workstation considering it can rival the cost of a car once it's expanded.

Any recommendations for a native compatible PCIe SATA controller? I want to have 4 extra SATA III connections.

Any recommendations for a native compatible PCIe SATA controller? I want to have 4 extra SATA III connections.
Also see this post:

Hoy recibí una Radeon RX 5600 XT para mi AMD B550 Vision D, que está configurada de la siguiente manera:
  • Nombre del sistema: iMacPro1,1
  • Versión de MacOS: 11.2 Public Beta 2 (compilación 20D5042d)
  • Procesador gráfico : ASRock Challenger Pro Radeon RX 5600 XT
¡Con esta combinación puedo editar tu foto sin ningún problema! No estoy seguro si esto se debe a (a) el nombre del sistema iMacPro1,1 o (b) macOS 11.2 Beta 2.

View attachment 505213View attachment 505214View attachment 505215View attachment 505216

ACTUALIZACIÓN: ¡ Aún más buenas noticias! Después de actualizar mi Z390 Designare a macOS 11.2 beta (compilación 20D5042d), la aplicación Fotos ahora funciona correctamente con RX 5700 XT. La misma imagen se puede editar de la misma manera que antes sin fallar. ¡Apple ha solucionado el error!
View attachment 505221
Good news!!!! Waiting 11.2¡!apple watches us!!.....

Hi @CaseySJ I followed your guide on flashing my GC TitanRidge card V2 using the GC-Titan-Ridge-V2.0-Mod-NVM50-CaseySJ, and was successful in doing so (well Maybe).
The problem is that the SSDT found on this site hackindrom does not work in my Asus prime-A II X299 motherboard. I found a working SSDT from KGP that works, well kinda.I can only get one port to work at a time, but I have a UAD Apollo and a satellite, and daisy chaining does not work either. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have noticed that my Blackmagic UltraStudio HD Mini connected in Thunderbolt has a bug after 7 to 12 minutes where the video goes out of sync from my DAW. There is probably due to the Z390 Designare Thunderbolt settings. I will attempt to flash the Thunderbolt firmware and report back if this bug has changed.

Back