Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please perform a CMOS Reset by shorting the two pins as explained in Designare user's manual. Then configure BIOS parameters again starting with Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults. This should reset the memory map and let you get past that error.

@CaseySJ So after performing the CMOS Reset, I should configure bios by starting with Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults, then reboot to bios and configure settings again from the original guide (Or just take a picture of my bios settings before Reset then reconfigure after)? Just want to confirm

Last edited:
@CaseySJ So after performing the CMOS Reset, I should configure bios by starting with Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults, then reboot to bios and configure settings again from the original guide (Or just take a picture of my bios settings before Reset then reconfigure after)? Just want to confirm
After selecting Load Optimized Defaults it is not necessary to reboot. We configure all BIOS parameters at once, then save and exit.

After selecting Load Optimized Defaults it is not necessary to reboot. We configure all BIOS parameters at once, then save and exit.

@CaseySJ Completed CMOS Reset and reset BIOS parameters. Booting from SSD is still stuck at
"End RandomSeed
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

CMOS Reset did not fix the problem.

edit: also unable to boot from Bootable Install Mojave drive. Stops at the same place during boot.

@CaseySJ Completed CMOS Reset and reset BIOS parameters. Booting from SSD is still stuck at
"End RandomSeed
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

CMOS Reset did not fix the problem.

edit: also unable to boot from Bootable Install Mojave drive. Stops at the same place during boot.
Please compress and upload the EFI folder. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of config.plist prior to uploading.

** Preliminary Update on Big Sur Public Beta **
I got some of those messages too @CaseySJ, but I reformatted my installation drive and restarted the process and it let me install a clean copy of the Big Sir beta.

Thank you! I'm attaching the files to this message.

I have one concern though, wouldn't this DSDT also include the SSDTs and ACPI patches injected with OpenCore? I'm currently using SSDT-Z390-TB3HP.aml and a couple of hotpatches for the TB hotplug
I've created the SSDT for your system (attached), but to use it we need to do the following:
  • What hot patches are you using? Have you have already created an ACPI rename for RP09._INI()?
  • It seems that your Thunderbolt hot plug GPE is _L6F. We'll need to rename existing _L6F to XL6F.
To help you with this, please post a screenshot of your OpenCore config.plist --> ACPI --> Patch page in OpenCore Configurator.

Attachments

• SSDT-TbtOnPch-ThinkPad-X1.aml
    4.9 KB · Views: 70
I got some of those messages too @CaseySJ, but I reformatted my installation drive and restarted the process and it let me install a clean copy of the Big Sir beta.
Thanks for the information.
  • Are you using iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1?
  • Is your IGPU enabled or disabled?

Please compress and upload the EFI folder. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of config.plist prior to uploading.

Since I'm unable to boot from my Hackintosh (Boot Drive or SSD), I can only access the EFI of my Boot Drive via Macbook Pro / Clover.
Attached is my Boot Drive EFI

Attachments

• EFI on Install MacOS Mojave.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 76
Well - it got WAY further in - a little over half way but I was greeted with a "Stop Sign" on a black screen. The main SSD in the Hackintosh is still a blank exFat drive.
I could not find a -v or Verbose mode in openCore Configurator.
Thanks though, for all you suggestions. I am still utterly stumped as to why it all worked the first time.
T.Xx
In OpenCore Configurator --> NVRAM --> we add -v to Boot Arguments.
Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 12.47.56 PM.png
After booting back to OpenCore Picker menu, press spacebar to reveal additional options and select Reset NVRAM. When system reboots into OpenCore Picker, proceed with the installation.

Since I'm unable to boot from my Hackintosh (Boot Drive or SSD), I can only access the EFI of my Boot Drive via Macbook Pro / Clover.
Attached is my Boot Drive EFI
Please try the attached EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 91
Back