Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Since I'm unable to boot from my Hackintosh (Boot Drive or SSD), I can only access the EFI of my Boot Drive via Macbook Pro / Clover.
Attached is my Boot Drive EFI

Please try the attached EFI.

@CaseySJ Correction: I was able to access my SSD EFI via a Time Machine backup from yesterday.

Attached is my SSD EFI,
(after removing the "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi" as instructed - then ejecting the Boot Drive. This is when booting began freezing at
"End RandomSeed
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++")

Attachments

• SSD EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
@CaseySJ Correction: I was able to access my SSD EFI via a Time Machine backup from yesterday.

Attached is my SSD EFI,
(after removing the "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi" as instructed - then ejecting the Boot Drive. This is when booting began freezing at
"End RandomSeed
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++")

@CaseySJ Replaced EFI on Boot Drive with new EFI you sent. Booting still frozen at
End RandomSeed
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited:
Hi, would you please help to identify version of Asus Thunderbolt3 EX card and proper firmware to upload? I tried both AlpineRidgeEX3-NVM18-NATA and AlpineRidgeEX3-NVM26-NATA together with SSDT-TBOLT3-RP21-ASUS-TB-EX3.aml and in both cases TB3 card is detected, however any device connected is not seen. Then I burned GC-ALPINE RIDGE-NVM21-V3-NATA.bin for the test, and (despite it now sees two ports), it was able to recognize the TB3 enclosure but device inside it.
I'm running High Sierra on Asus X299 Deluxe. I also configured BIOS per a screenshot. Would you suggest where my mistake is?

Attachments

• TB3EX.jpg
    TB3EX.jpg
    847.4 KB · Views: 70
  • TB3_detected_NVM18.png
    TB3_detected_NVM18.png
    280.8 KB · Views: 77
  • TB3withGC firmware.png
    TB3withGC firmware.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 72
  • BIOS_TB3_1.png
    BIOS_TB3_1.png
    211 KB · Views: 76
  • BIOS_TB3_2.png
    BIOS_TB3_2.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 75
Hi, would you please help to identify version of Asus Thunderbolt3 EX card and proper firmware to upload? I tried both AlpineRidgeEX3-NVM18-NATA and AlpineRidgeEX3-NVM26-NATA together with SSDT-TBOLT3-RP21-ASUS-TB-EX3.aml and in both cases TB3 card is detected, however any device connected is not seen. Then I burned GC-ALPINE RIDGE-NVM21-V3-NATA.bin for the test, and (despite it now sees two ports), it was able to recognize the TB3 enclosure but device inside it.
I'm running High Sierra on Asus X299 Deluxe. I also configured BIOS per a screenshot. Would you suggest where my mistake is?
Hello
Im not sur that SSDTs from this guide are designed for your Asus X299 motherboard
They are for Z390 and maybe Z370 motherboards
@CaseySJ can you confirm this please?

@CaseySJ @Inqnuam I have 2 Samsung EVO Plus neither under heavy load.

NVMeFix.kext loaded but every time I check they're always 50C+.

Meanwhile my CPU is usually 32-34C, SATA drives 32-34C, and RX 580 usually 45-55C. I don't know if this is normal or dangerous but it's consistently been this way.

PS: My measurements come from iStat Menus.

@CaseySJ @Inqnuam Interestingly enough removing the heat shield from my bottom 970 Evo Plus (Mac) and leaving it on the top (Windows) has the booted Mac drive 8-10 degrees cooler than the Windows drive that isn't being used at all by macOS.

EDIT: At least on a fresh boot. Seems Mac just went up and Windows went down to both 42.

Going to leave the heatsink off and see how it handles.

Last edited:
Hey, @CaseySJ I finally got around to updating Z390 BIOS (to F9b), Clover, WhateverGreen, Lilu, AppleAPC and then following the Mojave to Catalina (in-place) upgrade. Everything appears to be working in Catalina, although I did have to change shikigva=16 back to shikigva=80 to get Netflix DRM playback back in Safari. The only hiccup I have is my USB port configuration is not what it was on Mojave. Is there a quick and easy way to get that back?

Thanks, once again, for a great guide and the awesome support!

@CaseySJ @Inqnuam Interestingly enough removing the heat shield from my bottom 970 Evo Plus (Mac) and leaving it on the top (Windows) has the booted Mac drive 8-10 degrees cooler than the Windows drive that isn't being used at all by macOS.
Thanks for the tip ill try it tomorrow
But its not dangerous to leave it without the heat shield?

Actually my EVO 970 Plus is 59 C° while im doing nothing special, just coding

I'm on iMac 9,1 with IGPU enabled.
@Inqnuam @joostiphone @Hackintoshron

I am installing Big Sur right this moment on my main Designare system and the same install disk is working perfectly. 25 minutes left to go.

I really don’t know why Big Sur installer doesn’t like my Test Bench.

However, the main system has i7-9700K whereas the Test Bench has i5-9600K.

Back