Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some WiFi module I could use with Z390 Designare instead of that original one from the MB. Is there any chance to get WiFi module that will work natively with MacOS without installing additional drivers? I wish to have AirDrop working.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some WiFi module I could use with Z390 Designare instead of that original one from the MB. Is there any chance to get WiFi module that will work natively with MacOS without installing additional drivers? I wish to have AirDrop working.
The Fenvi FV-T919 and Fenvi FV-HB1200 are plug-and-play (no drivers needed).

BOOOM
My script for Thunderbolt DROM for Z390 Designare
Download Script Thunderbolt DROM.zip,
Open the "Script Thunderbolt DROM.html"
Click to STEP 1

Attachments

• Script Thunderbolt DROM.zip
    936 bytes · Views: 232
Last edited:
Thanks so much for the update. Have you come to any conclusion on a the inatek card?

The Inateck card seems to be more stable than the motherboard - I had a crash today (before trying the USB reset mentioned) and the onboard ports stopped working, so I plugged everything into the Inateck card and everything worked, whereas previously my only option was to screen-share and restart. I'm currently using the Inateck card for internal BT and my RME Fireface, and one of the onboard USB 2 ports for everything else. Waiting to see how stable that is.

Just thought I should mention on here, in another thread about real MacBooks users experiencing the same USB problems, the 10.15.6 beta is apparently not freezing. Hopefully it translates over to us.

Correction - Sorry it's the Big Sur beta that's bringing stability, still not confirmed on 10.15.6

Correction again - freezing is still happening in beta. Less frequent but still happening :(

Last edited:
The Fenvi FV-T919 and Fenvi FV-HB1200 are plug-and-play (no drivers needed).
I'm looking for a module I could insert on MB instead of original WiFi card from that board.

I'm looking for a module I could insert on MB instead of original WiFi card from that board.

Hi there,

Gigabyte have blacklisted any other wifi module other than Intel in the CNVI M.2 socket. That's why usually the Fenvi card is recommended.

Some have sworn blind that a wifi module in any other M.2 slot provided does work, but I've seen nothing concrete to prove it myself. That needs more research.

Usually what you need to do is source a Broadcom mini-PCIe card and use an M.2 to mini-PCIe adapter to mount it. I have done this but not on a Z390, only the previous Z370 before CNVI became the norm.

:)

Back